Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Missing import button in GTN750?

,,,doesn't take long to set up just one good known file in there to check that.

and also be sure your sim has permission to access to it. If it can't it would be a pretty rare issue.

All I know is it's working in 4.2 so make sure all up to date etc etc.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Rename the folder. Create a new EMPTY one

use LittleNav Map to create a plan and export in the gfp format. LNM will put it in the default folder.

try to import - if no import button - you have an issue with the 750 install.

I don't think this is the issue but have you checked your font size - oversize type can push a button off screen. Just a shot in the dark.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Yes, good idea Vic. Making a new folder automatically means you own it and will definitely have access to it - so you can forget the access problem.

Font idea is also good.

..of course it's empty as well so you'll only have one file in there...at some stage. :laugh:

If you want to import flight plans to the GTN650/750 they have to be located in: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\F1TGTN\FPL

Edited by riwig
  • Like 1

If it fixes it, the empty new folder with the new LNM file - would that mean it was an access problem or an incompatible file problem?

Probably we will never find out, I wonder. Exciting! :biggrin:

If it isn't all that then the system is not set right in some unusual way. The install isn't straightforward. So as Vic suggest it is worth checking through it again. I'm assuming, however, that most were working OK, then suddenly stopped working?

Edited by SteveW

I think can just put this in a text file if you don't have Little Nav Map set up.

FPN/RI:F:KTEB:F:LGA.J70.JFK.J79.HOFFI.J121.HTO.J150.OFTUR:F:KMVY

Thanks for all the help guys.

I did reset permissions/ownership on the original FPL folder last night (which didn't fix anything, BTW), I'm assuming that's the folder that I recreate? 

26 minutes ago, riwig said:

If you want to import flight plans to the GTN650/750 they have to be located in: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\F1TGTN\FPL

what he said!

3 hours ago, newtie said:

Hi Harry-

No joy, path is...

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\F1TGTN\FPL

Also of note, before I added the SimBrief KLAS-KSFO.gfp, there was and existing route, KTEB-KMVY.gfp in there which was never available as well. It's like the Import button was never there to begin with. I don't know.

What I said! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

• Like 1

Quite right too!  :biggrin:

...anyone finding themselves here with FSX would look for \F1GTN\FPL

it's the missing 'T' that's the difference.

Well, perhaps, just maybe, in the very distant future, one individual with the one remaining copy of FSX might come here from searching for GTN.

:biggrin:

12 minutes ago, newtie said:

Ain't no FSX on this side uh the tracks. :gaul:

Ya have yet to finish runnin those varmint's outa town a fair ways there pardner. :gaul: