Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Newbie to Photo Scenery question about scenery addons

I do not see that photoreal Washington scenery in Avsim library.At least not under FSX.

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Jim,Referring to your response about FTX if. I have FTX higher priority than Megascenery same area it overrides Megascenery?That is my main question.I am thinking I prefer Megascenery over FTX.It seems to me that if Megascenery higher priority than other scenery it would take precedence,right?Thank you for your help.Ron

I have never reinstall any of the FTX/Orbx regions or airports as it takes too much time to get them set up to be compatible with FSDT and other scenery.  I would assume you are still using FSX and you should have the scenery config editor installed as it manages your scenery better than the default.  As I recall, FTX installs regions and airports in the same directory as FSX and they are not automatically added to the scenery.cfg.  You have to do it manually.  Like I think I mentioned above, Megascenery is at the bottom just above the top default scenery.  If you have MyTrafficX, it goes below Megascenery.  FTX/Orbx stuff is above Megascenery as well as other add-on airports.  FTX stuff takes over the Megascenery as it will be at a higher priority but, if you should go outside of any of the FTX regions, then Megascenery will take over.  I have not installed UTX for several years but do not recall it in the scenery.cfg.  It should not be there as it is a utility and it does its thing separately.  If it has a bridge it can add, it will add it whether you are using FTX/Orbx or Megascenery.  You see UTX will find your scenery.cfg and do it's thing accordingly.  You don't put a utility in any scenery.cfg.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you.That answers my questions.Yes I am using FSX with Scenery Configurator. however I have UTX installed per however it was supposed to be installed but that was a long time ago.It works fine but it is listed in my Scenery Configurator.Just above default scenery.I think I have it set up per Nick Needham's recommendations and "Bible", but there again that was a long time ago.Thank you for your help and info.Ron

• Like 1

Hello,

FTX products are indeed installed into the simulator root folder but they do add their own scenery library entries.

This is done by FTX Central and where the FTX scenery library entries are placed is determined by the Insertion Point tool that you will find on the FTX Central settings page.

Megascenery and FTX scenery are almost completely incompatible.

Where they are in the scenery library is immaterial.

If you have Megascenery in the same place as an Orbx region, you will not see anything of the Orbx product other than the Orbx airports and any scenery objects that may have been added.

If Megascenery was correctly prepared, the default rivers, streams, coastlines, shorelines and extrusion bridges would be excluded.

There would also be accurate water masking to ensure that coasts and shorelines looked as they should.

I only own two Megascenery products, Portugal and Switzerland and in neither product has this been done.

I don't use the Switzerland product because there is now a much better freeware example.

Portugal now looks fine after the missing excludes and watermasking were added privately.

Edited by nolonger

Thank you.There used to be an option in FTX Central to enable/disable areas of scenery.I cannot find that now so I have disabled via Scenery Configurator.Is this correct way to disable/enable the scenery?Thank you,Ron

I have Blue Sky photoscenery installed in FTX areas.If I run it below FTX which one will I be seeing?Should I disable FTX  if I want the photoscenery showing?Thank you,Ron