trisho0

SODE adding jetways where it shouldn’t

Recommended Posts

Does someone across this kind of SODE issue?
DRZEWIECKI DESIGN Washington X is installed only in P3Dv4.
Also, installed Tropicalsim KDCAx in only FSX (same PC machine).
I found from DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, SODE adds jetways to Tropical KDCAx in FSX. It is strange because DD Washington X is only installed in P3Dv4, not in FSX.
How to fix SODE to prevent adding jetways where it shouldn’t?

TSIMFSXKDCAGate37jetways.jpg

TSIMFSXKDCAGate37jetways--.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can limit SODE's effect to specific sims via the XML file. I don't know if DD allow you to edit the SODE xml files for their airports, but if so you can add this to each simobject entry:

<TargetSim ID="P3Dv4"/>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, toprob said:

You can limit SODE's effect to specific sims via the XML file. I don't know if DD allow you to edit the SODE xml files for their airports, but if so you can add this to each simobject entry:

<TargetSim ID="P3Dv4"/>

First many thanks. Regarding on DD they don't use xml but sdx which is not editable for me because it is machine language (lol). Contents from xml I could edit on it. I don't know how to edit sdx files. I asked DD support and Stan said I should contact SODE Support. But, I thought someone from AVSIM may have the solution. So, waiting in here and also waiting from SODE.

If you open DD sdx file with Notepad you will see machine language not human text.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't use SODE at all for FSX, you can deactivate SODE just for FSX using the SODE platform manager application. It should be in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fshobby said:

If you don't use SODE at all for FSX, you can deactivate SODE just for FSX using the SODE platform manager application. It should be in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE

The idea is to limit SODE's effect to specific sims via the XML file as Toprob said in this thread. We can't do that in sdx file ...... or yes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

The idea is to limit SODE's effect to specific sims via the XML file as Toprob said in this thread. We can't do that in sdx file ...... or yes?

No you can't control at this granularity without the xml code.

I'm just saying that if you don't use SODE in FSX, then you can disable SODE per-sim and just have it enabled for P3D.

EDIT: In addition I question the value of using sdx files, there can't be that much intellectual property in SODE xml code, why bother to hide it?

Edited by fshobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fshobby said:

No you can't control at this granularity without the xml code.

I'm just saying that if you don't use SODE in FSX, then you can disable SODE per-sim and just have it enabled for P3D.

EDIT: In addition I question the value of using sdx files, there can't be that much intellectual property in SODE xml code, why bother to hide it?

If I leave SODE off to FSX sim then no jetways will be available for some other airports. I did that test before.
Also, if I rename KDCA_X.sdx to off then it will resolve the FSX issue but affecting P3Dv4.

It will be nice if SODE have more available settings to select a specific ICAO with options like jetways ON or OFF.

The sdx files are from Drzewiecki Design. I don't know who else uses sdx instead of xml. It doesn't make sense for me, to have a sdx file to protect what? That is what it looks like.The sdx and xml SODE files are just for injecting jetways to the airport of the Developer.

So far, the actual solution is to leave same airport from the same developer in both sims. I will have to remove Tropicalsim KDCAx from FSX and installed DD Washington X in both FSX and P3D.

Any other solutions?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now