Sign in to follow this  
Waldkauzi

See ATC messages in ATC window

Hello MCE-Team,

I'm new to MCE and like the tool very much. I'm running MCE in FSX:SE and it works like charm.

But I have one question regarding the ATC window: In the default FSX ATC window the previous ATC messages (and the ATC messages of other AI aircrafts) are shown. MCE seems to modify the ATC window as I can't see this messages anymore. Is there an option to switch on the message history again?

Thanks for your help,

Michael

4 hours ago, Waldkauzi said:

Hello MCE-Team,

I'm new to MCE and like the tool very much. I'm running MCE in FSX:SE and it works like charm.

But I have one question regarding the ATC window: In the default FSX ATC window the previous ATC messages (and the ATC messages of other AI aircrafts) are shown. MCE seems to modify the ATC window as I can't see this messages anymore. Is there an option to switch on the message history again?

Thanks for your help,

Michael

Indeed, some options are turned of in order to make ATC more realistic. Thins like mthe voice you'd hear transmitting on your behalf anfd ATC log. In real life you're expected to be attentive.

You can re-enable them easily by going to FSX menu Options->Settings->General dialog box. The 3 options on the right side of the dialog box. ATC log is the one you want to re-enable.

Problem sovled. Thanks a lot for your fast reply! Quite easy solution :-) Altough I'm using FSX for more than 10 years now I wasn't aware of the "turn on/of ATC log" option.

Sure, using ATC without log is much more realisitc, but as I'm still learning ATC and as I'm not a native speaker it is very helpful to see/read ATC responses. My goal is to switch off ATC log as soon as I'm more used to listen ans talk to ATC :-)

Thanks again,

Michael

Edited by Waldkauzi
fixed typo