Ray Proudfoot

How to vary the camera speed of external views

I’ve looked through the many options for tweaking external views of the aircraft but I can’t find a way to vary the speed of the external view camera. It switches views at a constant speed which I would like to slow down.

I’m using F to cycle through the views. Perhaps that’s the problem. I can usually find solutions but this one has me beat. Odd when the overall program is so intuitive.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Ray,

Are you trying to change the transition speeds or the camera movement speeds?

Both can be found in the Camera > Advanced section of ChasePlane. They are set on a per-preset basis you you have to right-click on those options to propagate them to all your presets.

Regards
Keven

Hi Keven,

When I press R to switch to external view then press F to cycle through the various views it's the speed of the camera movement I think. How is that different to transition speed?

I'll try what you suggest and it sounds like I have to set the value for each of the views rather than a global setting which would have been useful.

Hi Keven,

I've found the solution. Adjusting Transition In has given me the motion I like. I also tried adjusting Directional Mode, Rotational Mode and Zoom Motion from 0.45 to 6.0 but couldn't see any difference. What is the purpose of those sliders?

A user manual would be really helpful to get the best out of the program. I have 80%+ of it understood but it's the small pieces that a manual would help with. It seems quite a mature product now so perhaps you could consider an offline PDF version.

Hi Ray,

We are currently building a complete User Manual and it should be made available in a few weeks from now.

For now, we have a fairly complete User Manual pinned at the top of this forum section explaining how Transitions and Speed/Inertia work.

• Upvote 1