Sign in to follow this  
rondon9898

TX750 PSU for PC upgrade

Hi folks,

I,m planning on building an updgraded computer and just wondered if I could use the TX750 PSU from my old computer to power an intel i7-8700k (planning to overclock)/gtx1080ti/aourus gaming 7 z370 set-up with 2 SSDs and an HDD, or whether I should spend the extra £100 and get a new 850W power supply. I’m a cheapo, so trying to keep costs down where poss.

Cheers

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Should be fine power-wise. But how old is it? I recently did what you’re thinking of doing (reused old PSU - mine was 5 years old) and regretted it. It made a lot of noise and after a year created issues (like computer not posting). I just ended up putting in a new PSU, which of course is almost as much work as building the system in the first place.

My advice: just get a new one if it’s old!

James

Ah good call James mine is about 5 years old too. Probably best to get a new one then. Thank you for that

• Like 1

Hey, if I’ve helped you avoid making the same mistake as I did, you’ve made my day!

Actually, my old one was a TX750 too — had a good run but it was just its time. I can recommend the EVGA Supernova 750 G3 for a replacement. Modular is a wonderful thing!

James