Sign in to follow this  
vito32

Support Contact

Well the reason I want a phone number is to get answers too many questions. I will try and ask my questions here but I know it will be going back and forth. Set up. Elite Pro Panel SE, Elite AP4000 GNS 430 module, AP2000 Radio stack, using Win 7 Ult. 64bit. I want to be able to run the 430 WAAS on flight sim X with the Mooney Bravo (w/o glass PNL) using the AP4000. So I was following the instructions and it tells me to buy your Reality XP GNS430 v2 program which I did. I have been trying for days to get it to work  and I am to the point of asking for a refund. It looks like it installs correctly but I have nothing but read me files in the start menu. No config stuff. I tried going to the app icon under program files Reality XP but it crashes. I am sure I am doing something stupid but I sure as heck can't figure it out.

Hi,

I don't know if Elite has updated their panels to work with the Reality XP GNS V2.

It is possible they did work with our discontinued and legacy GNS WAAS simulation for FSX/9.

Can you please first make sure about this with them?

18 minutes ago, vito32 said:

It looks like it installs correctly but I have nothing but read me files in the start menu. No config stuff.

Have you selected "create desktop shortcut" during installation? If so, you'd have a shortcut to the User's Manual on the desktop. Otherwise, use Windows search with "GNS V2 User's Manual" so that you find out the User's Manual PDF file on your drive.

20 minutes ago, vito32 said:

I tried going to the app icon under program files Reality XP but it crashes

Can you please let us know the complete path, to what file, with what file name?

Could you please elaborate what means 'tried going'? Is it double clicking an icon and is so which one, that is what is the icon name?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

You see, this is exactly why I would like to talk to a person on the phone. Your reply is nothing but questions. We can go back and forth and never really solve my issue. Bottom line, is it possible to control the Reality XP GNS 430 in FSX with the Elite AP4000 GNS 430 hardware? Elite seems to think so but their instructions don't seem to agree with what I am seeing after installing your software. I still don't understand why a company (RealityXP) that touts Great support has virtually none. Jim as pres. of the company why can't you pick up the phone and ask Elite what you are asking me? I am sure it is just a configuration file that needs to be placed somewhere to make this work but I am not a programmer.  

On April 26, 2018 at 6:00 PM, vito32 said:

So I was following the instructions and it tells me to buy your Reality XP GNS430 v2 program which I did.

Hi,

I guess the starting point is this: who did tell you to?

If this is Elite which is telling you to purchase the GNS V2, then surely, they know what they are advising you to do don't they? This means they know their hardware is compatible with the GNS V2.

Otherwise, didn't they tell you to purchase the GNS WAAS, which is the legacy and not supported anymore, because they are lagging to update their hardware to the newest GNS V2, in which case, you've purchased the wrong RXP product from the get go?

Besides: 

1 hour ago, vito32 said:

You see, this is exactly why I would like to talk to a person on the phone. Your reply is nothing but questions.

How would you envision any support going on without asking you any question, be it by phone or forum? 

Asking question, provided you answer to the questions, is the sole communication tool available to understand exactly what you are doing, what you are looking at on your screen, what you are doing with the software.

In other words, without any psychic abilities to read our customer's minds, asking question is the sole mean to understand the problem and find possible resolution.

Besides, compared to the telephone support, the forum has several advantages:

1) you get support not only from RXP, but also form other customers sharing the same configuration as yours
2) this benefit any future customer asking the same questions.

PS: telephone support is offered only to our Professional customers with a premium.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

6 hours ago, RXP said:

Otherwise, didn't they tell you to purchase the GNS WAAS, which is the legacy and not supported anymore, because they are lagging to update their hardware to the newest GNS V2, in which case, you've purchased the wrong RXP product from the get go?

yeah so I guess they didn't name V2 just "GNS 430W" , so spare me the pain of going in circles, IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE THE AP-4000 GNS 430W WORK WITH V2? Seeing that I can't get GNS WAAS.

6 hours ago, RXP said:

1) you get support not only from RXP, but also form other customers sharing the same configuration as yours

You are the only one willing to respond.