Sign in to follow this  
don235

P3d v4.1 Error creating child window popup showing up again

Greetings: I know this has been around for awhile in P3d v3 according to what I have been reading but it just started for me today and it has effectively shut me out of my simulator. It loads everything up and the last window I see is Chaseplane then CTD. Some seem to think it is a windows 10 problem when it updated a specific update.  ( I hate automatic updates) but I digress. I was hoping there is a fix by now but I don't see anything.Can anyone help ? I am at a total loss what to do next. I just got through reading about the windows 10 insider program and it's problems but I am not a subscriber and it's not automatic so now I am really confused.

Thanks,

don235

Intel i7-7700K cpu@4.2/windows 10 64bit

Edited by don235

This is a Windows 10 issue and not P3D.  Update Windows 10 to the latest version and you should stop seeing the error(s).  It is a frustrating error and I got it a lot and did a lot of investigating but it all comes down to Windows 10 updates.  Better hurry updating as they are getting ready to update to Spring 2018 Update on May 9th.  It will be a big one like the one that caused all of the Creating Child Window errors.

If you want to check on your Windows Update status, click on the Search bar in the lower left corner, type Updates and then look in the menu for Windows Updates.  It will show you when it was last updated and you can manually check to see if there are more.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the advise I rolled back both updates for April and  it did not seem to work. Out of  desperation  I uninstalled the last scenery I installed a couple of days ago and to my amazement p3d v4.1 started up but only did one time. I tried again and again I got child window error and CTD. Now it really gets weird I reinstalled the same scenery and it fired up normally but only once ! I am beyond confused.

don235

What happens if you rename the scenery.cfg to scenery.cfg.off and then restart P3DV4 (If you are using the Lorby_Si AddonOrganizer, you just need to disable all addon scenery by double-clicking on each and it turns red.  A new scenery.cfg will be rebuilt with default entries if you rename the scenery.cfg.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10