Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Aircraft acting like its engines are started when cold and dark

Hi

I have just bought the 737 and I'm following some very good information on YouTube for go through training. 

I am having a technical problem, however. The aircraft was installed correctly, and when that happens, I can use it a couple of times.  However, after my 2nd startup of the flight (from the Load menu), if I choose the PMDG 737 it goes into a violent stutter when the flight is loaded. Despite everything is turned off, you can see that it is trying to move forward (and it does slowly).  I have been into the menu and told it to start up cold and dark, and I don't know if this is causing the problems?

Please can anyone help, because this software is unusable at the moment  :(

Thanks

Gary McCluskey

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

With complex planes like these you need to completely exit the sim and then restart before loading the plane which includes changing liveries. If you load it on top of its self strange things can happen. It sounds like you may just be reloading the plane without shutting the sim down. It's all covered in the documentation. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Thanks for your reply.

I'm baffled by this. I shut the Sim down by going the the Flight menu and selecting Exit. Before doing that, I saved the flight. When I go back in, it's in this state.

I would appreciate any help. 

Gary

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Hi Gary,

go to your 737‘s CDU‘s PMDG Options. Look, what‘s saved as default start up panel. If nothing (or default, last flight or similar) is selected, it will start up with the panel state you saved it with. The initialization of complex addons in P3D and FSX requires you to leave the sim before selecting any other (or even the same) complex airplane, but you can set a custom panel state to be loaded. There are several presaved panel states, but at the moment they are a bit buggy. PMDG will resolve this is a future update, but until then you are free to save your own panel states. (The long turn around state coming from PMDG is fine on my end though) 

Thanks for that! I'll see if it helps, means the world I have a response like this - thanks.

Gary

Gaz on Facebook

You're welcome, just let us know if you need further assistance.