Sign in to follow this  
theflyguy

Any chance to start ATC in mid flight?

Yesterday I tried the EGLL->EGPH example flight from the manual. Shortly before TOD Pilot2ATC crashed (the "program not respondinding", white screen, blue circle type of crash, Version 2.5.2) . So I terminated the Pilot2ATC process, reloaded and filed my flightplan again, and Pilot2ATC recognized the next waypoint in my flightplan correctly. But the last center frequency I was assigned to before the crash didn't work anymore, and I had no idea on how to reconnect to ATC. Is this type of in flight reconnect to ATC possible somehow?

Yes. 

Just follow this process if you were on a Center Frequency before the crash:

1. Load and File the exact same Flight Plan you had before the crash
  2. Search for a nearby APP or DEP frequency in the Freq window
  3. Request a frequency change to Center.  "CallSign request frequency change to Center"
  4. Make initial Center call - "CallSign at Flight LEvel 320"
  5. You should get radar contact and be able to continue.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Will this help to reset ATC as well if it appears confused?  I was doing a VFR from NZRO to NZHN and at one point got the not responding micrososft message but it did recover.  After that it did not progress to other frequencies and if I manually changed then it told me to change back to the departure tower (which my co-pilot kept doing for me).  When I got close to my destination and started the landing clearance procedures the departure tower gave me landing clearance (to the correct arrival runway) but when I landed it said welcome to Rotorua (departure airfield).  If I asked for a frequency change instead of just changing frequencies would that have helped get me on the correct approach and tower frequencies or should I have done something else?

Todd,

Depending on the exact circumstances, restarting P2A and following  the above procedures will usually get ATC back on track.  to  get back to VFR Flight Following, you would probably have to request VFR Flight Following verbally.

Dave

Thank you Dave for your immediate and great support. I highly appreciate that Pilot2ATC is still under development and so well maintained. I tried Pilot2ATC a year ago for the first time, and at that point I thought it would be an abandoned project. Also as an european pilot the ATC phraseology used in the program haven't convinced me. Now, one year later, after I've got a new PC, I gave it a second try, and while the phraseology is still an issue, everything else seems to work much better and the program feels much more mature then a year ago. I gladly purchased my P2A license this time. Thanks again for your hard work on the program and your great support.