Sign in to follow this  
crippy1

Good First Airliner

On 5/11/2018 at 12:27 AM, Orlaam said:

very low frame rates

I think you meant to say very high frame rates? The Majestic Dash is the most fps friendly study level plane out there!

The Dash-8 is much different.  Turn off aux pumps, fuel pumps, lights/flaps/gear, bleeds, and more.

During regular use you don't touch any fuel related stuff: no need to make it sound more complicated than it is. 😉 The Dash 8 is indeed a handful but it's my most favorite addon plane ever: it keeps you busy indeed (imho less boring compared to planes that are automated from A to Z) but at the same time it isn't too hard to get to know every possible option it has because there aren't that many options. With a lot of other planes I never understood everything because there simply were too many options to get to grips with and due to that I never had the idea I could completely control the plane. I can however completely control the Q400.

The Dash-8 is very complex though and the FMC is not intuitive at all.  It has a steep learning curve.

Well, maybe if you are used to the Boeing or Airbus FMC. I've flown the NGX and the Airbus and I absolutely love the Q400 FMC: I actually find it easier to use than the others. It's different but certainly not more difficult. And also here the options aren't too overwhelming and you can learn everything about it if you want to, something I never managed to do with the NGX or Airbus FMC's which always had pages that were a mistery to me.

In short: the Q400 offers less options and is easier to learn inside out than other similar planes but flying it requires a lot more input and attention from the pilot. Which is exactly why I love the Q400!

Edited by Guest