Sign in to follow this  
masped

Removing aircraft.cfg items

Hi,i'm looking for a way to remove [fltsim.x] sections from an aircraft.cfg file .. i have many many AI repaints, some of them which are no longer flying .. is there any way to delete those sections without having to manually renumber?thanx!Jan

Try Aircraft Analyzer 2005(ACA2005)by Peter van der Veen. It is a nice little free utility that helps you manage your fleet and traffic. It also has the function you are looking for. One nice thing is when you click on a aircraft, it will tell you if that aircraft is included in any traffic bgl's so you don't delete anything important. It will also renumber all of your aircraft.cfg's. It also has a number of other features like parking codes and error checking. I'm not sure if it is at AVSIM but a Google search should produce something.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Analyzer is a good choice. I choose to do it manually, and here's how I remove one from the middle of the list:1. Delete that fltsim section2. Move the last fltsim section up into the empty spot previously occupied by the deleted one.3. Renumber it into sequential order.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

seems like i will have to take a look at ACA2005 ..Tom that's pretty clever, never thought of that!Thanx for the help!Jan