Rabbit33

Tfdi / remove reshade test

Hi,

I'm running P3D4.1 and have the open beta Tfdi 717.

Due to a screen in screen problem i'm having in the 717 VC, Tfdi support has asked that I remove reshade to start problem solving. 

Through PTA I 1st tried to reintroduce the original P3D shaders.  The problem in the 717 VC persisted.

I deleted the reshade/reshader folder and the 3 dxgi files from the P3D root folder. The problem persisted

In both situations the "Shift & F2" reshader config overlay banner still appears during the load sequence of P3D.  

I'm uncertain if reshade is full removed and don't want to report back to tfdi incorrect info.

Any community help on completely removing reshade and whether I should expect the reshade config banner to be removed also.

thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)

The ReShade load notification definitely wouldn't appear had you deleted the files, so they must still be present in the directory.

Just make sure dxgi.dll is gone, because that's the primary file that handles the entire function of ReShade, rest is just logs, configuration files and the shaders you can choose from.

Edited by Sethos1988

Thanks I checked for dxgi.dll and the only remaining ones are associated with WinSxS directX files that I don't think I should nor can delete.