Sign in to follow this  
Youngaviator11

P3D v4 Convair 880/990? Any Plans?

Does P3D V4 have any convair 880/990 models with VCs? I love these models and think that they are very underrated. The 990 is still the fastest subsonic airliner to date. If there is not any on the market, does anyone plan to make one? will this post encourage anyone to start on a new model? You wont regret it!

Cheers!

-3star

As a Swiss ans great fan of our defunct Swissair, I would love that too. I flew on that plane in 1972, and we have one of the only remaining 990 in our transportation museum in Luzern (https://www.verkehrshaus.ch/fr/musee/aviation/convair-cv-990-coronado

No plan to create one for P3D that I am aware of, this plane was indeed performing well speed wise (although M 0.91 was not authorised with the aerodynamic pods filled of kerosene because of vibrations), except in sales... 37 sold! That alone though should not necessarily be a valid reason when you see PMDG developing the Boeing 747-8 that sold 51 passenger version (but much more cargo), and JustFlight having developed the VC10 when the real aircraft sold 54... The question is how big a market for such a niche aircraft that few simmers would at best remember or worst even know about... It would take a passionate developer to undertake such a challenge with little hope to be remunerated for his work.

The only model available in flight simming is a freeware at this site, but has no VC: http://simviation.com//hjg/downloads.htm I am not even sure they work in P3Dv4, you would need to double check that on their site.

Edited by Jean-Claude
  • Upvote 1

The CV880 still flies commercially in NZ. Air Chathams. Fantastic aircraft, and would be great to have in my hangar. I can only dream

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

The CV880 still flies commercially in NZ. Air Chathams. Fantastic aircraft, and would be great to have in my hangar. I can only dream

You are confusing it with the CV580, which is the turboprop version of the CV440 series. 

Santiago de Larminat

18 minutes ago, Guevorkyan said:

You are confusing it with the CV580, which is the turboprop version of the CV440 series. 

My bad. Cheers for that.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

disappointing indeed, surprised that their wouldn’t be a special case with the 990s ability to go .91 and people’s interest in fast planes.. you said it perfectly, low manufacturing counts shouldn’t stop a developer from starting this project or something similar!