Sign in to follow this  
forumtroll

Wind uplink data ready

I'm using the following:

• Prepar3d v4.2
  • PMDG 747 QOTS II
  • ActiveSky for P3dv4
  • SimBrief

So I'm starting up my flight as I always do. Enter the flight plan data, request the weather data uplink, and get a message that the uplink is ready. Then the LSK i stuck at SENDsent, and I cannot for the life of me find a way to get the whole shebang loaded. No load button anywhere. 

Any thoughts?

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note their forum rules require us to sign our full names on all posts.

One has to assume you have ASP4 running and you have set the option to load flightplan into the simulator selected...see Introduction pg 162-164.  You can verify that the wx is being saved to the PMDG\WX folder.  Since you are not getting an invalid weather upload message, I think the problem is how you have configured things.

Dan Downs KCRP

4 hours ago, forumtroll said:

Then the LSK i stuck at SENDsent

After pressing Send, No load Option reveals ? Or exec button to light up ?

13 hours ago, downscc said:

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note their forum rules require us to sign our full names on all posts.

One has to assume you have ASP4 running and you have set the option to load flightplan into the simulator selected...see Introduction pg 162-164.  You can verify that the wx is being saved to the PMDG\WX folder.  Since you are not getting an invalid weather upload message, I think the problem is how you have configured things.

Thank you, I have updated my signature to reflect this.

As for your theory, it is wrong. Everything is set up as it should be according to any documentation available. However, I have found the problem, and I will outline it below.

9 hours ago, Samany69 said:

After pressing Send, No load Option reveals ? Or exec button to light up ?

This is correct. No load option. Only "SEND sent". No EXEC button lighting up.

Solution:
So I did a little digging around. Turns out that if you fly a company route, and SimBrief makes a little change in your routing (such as choosing an enroute fix with a different name, but located on the exact same LAT/LONG as the one in your CO ROUTE), loading the SimBrief generated .WX will fail. When it fails, it seems an error is not trapped, leaving the FMC routine for WX loading stuck. I fear this is a bug. Altering the route to reflect the route SimBrief generated was the solution to the problem. If the route is a 100% match to the weather stations in the WX file, the WX file loads without incident. If you encounter this error, you will have to reboot the entire plane by going through a COLDDARK startup.

PMDG Staff:
Please point me to where I can report this as a bug.

3 hours ago, forumtroll said:

PMDG Staff:
Please point me to where I can report this as a bug.

Support.Precisionmanuals.com, as linked from our website, our Intro Manuals, and the main page of our section in this forum.

Kyle Rodgers