Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andreadebiase

Step altitude and ALT INT

The FMC is capable to tell me when is the right time to STEP up at a higher altitude. When that time comes i need to press on ALT INT or it will just stay where i am and just display "now". Is there a way to tell the FMC to step at a higher altitude automatically without me needing to press ALT INT? 

46 minutes ago, andreadebiase said:

Is there a way to tell the FMC to step at a higher altitude automatically without me needing to press ALT INT? 

No, and you wouldn't want it to. You'd need to request the climb from ATC. Having a plane just climb when it feels like it is a very, very bad idea.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

If ever you were referring to the auto step climb feature of the PMDG's 777 and 747, it is not available on the NGX.

(Actually it is not available either on the real 777 and 747, it is just a "sim feature" added by PMDG for those flying long haul who cannot or don't want to stay close to their computer the whole flight).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.