Hi,

Just a couple of minor issues I'm having. Since about 2.7.48, when asking for asking for vertical speed 1000, my co-pilot will only say "roger setting vertical speed 100. I can get him to set 1000 only by saying phonetically one zero zero zero. Only happens in climbs. The other issues seems to be when acknowledging approach clearances, ie "NXXX you are XX miles, cleared visual or ILS approach RWY XX", I can never seem to get the proper phrasing correct. I've tried all of the different command variations but always seem to end up having to say Option One to proceed. This also seems to happen when acknowledging hand-offs to tower from approach, Ie "NXXX turn right HDG, descend and maintain XXXX, cleared  XXX approach, contact tower on XXX.XX",  and on initial contact with tower, ie "NXXX  make straight in rwy XX".  Just looking for the most effective way to phrase the clearance. Is it call sign first or last?  do I have to say "Roger" first? I'm using FSX native ATC, MCE ver 2.7.62. Thanks again for this amazing product. I Love My MCE. 

Tony

6 hours ago, Fighter Guy said:

Hi,

Just a couple of minor issues I'm having. Since about 2.7.48, when asking for asking for vertical speed 1000, my co-pilot will only say "roger setting vertical speed 100. I can get him to set 1000 only by saying phonetically one zero zero zero. Only happens in climbs. The other issues seems to be when acknowledging approach clearances, ie "NXXX you are XX miles, cleared visual or ILS approach RWY XX", I can never seem to get the proper phrasing correct. I've tried all of the different command variations but always seem to end up having to say Option One to proceed. This also seems to happen when acknowledging hand-offs to tower from approach, Ie "NXXX turn right HDG, descend and maintain XXXX, cleared  XXX approach, contact tower on XXX.XX",  and on initial contact with tower, ie "NXXX  make straight in rwy XX".  Just looking for the most effective way to phrase the clearance. Is it call sign first or last?  do I have to say "Roger" first? I'm using FSX native ATC, MCE ver 2.7.62. Thanks again for this amazing product. I Love My MCE. 

Tony

Hi Tony.

Thanks for the accolade.

Sure,

When you acknowledge, always put call-sign last.

Equally, when making a request, always start with center you're calling, followed by call-sign, then the actual request.

Should be able to say "Roger", "copy", "wilco", "roger copy" and other variations at the beginning of a reply optionally.

Could you write down (including calls-sign) the exact phrasing you're using to make sure the speech grammar files can handle it. MCE doesn't use the dictation feature of the speech engine, but rather the Command And Control side. The speech grammars have to be flexible enough to catch as many variations as possible, but you never know when the odd one is left out. And this, despite grammar files being tuned more than a thousand times over the years, following user feedback.

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. I seem to have resolved my issues by doing another speech training session on my headphone and holding my mic button for about 5 secs to ensure a complete transmission. All the approach phases seem to be working now

On another note, I was attempting to create a flow in vox script using the shared command electrical file, and none of the commands that turn on all the generators or alternators on or off seem to work. When I test the commands I keep getting " MCE does not seem to recognize...." error. If I use the individual command (ie: switch generator one off or on) it works. All of the other commands do not work. I've made sure "Caps Lock" was not on and that the spelling was correct. I also had a friend of mine check to see if he had the same problem and he said he had the same problem. I tried about 20 of the 50 or so "all on or off" commands and they all failed. Not a show- stopper,  just something I came across.

Lastly, is it possible to add the ability to cut and paste commands, etc into vox script? I know I'm not the greatest typist or speller in the world, but it does get a bit frustrating when you type a command or whatever in, then realize you made a spelling mistake or grammar error 20 letters back and have to re-type the entire thing all over again.

Thanks again for the ultimate FSX addon, and great support.

Tony