Sign in to follow this  
emef

Problem accessing the update server

Unfortunately, I always get this error message when I try to update my RXP GTN 750 to the new version:

rxp_ucf.jpg

The error comes even if I turn off my firewall. The same error will also be reported later during the validation of my Flight1 account immediately before the actual reinstallation. But I can login to Flight1 without problems. When I first installed the RXP GTN 750 a few days ago and also with the update to version 2.5.2 I had not this problem (both with the firewall turned on).

Is this a temporary server problem or what can I do?

All the best. Micha

Now I could solve my problem and restore access to the update server. In a thread I've found this post:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=0587409d14492971http://www.Doppelstockbus.de/aktuell/xp11/rpxgtnupdprob_solution.jpg [/ img]

In fact, that was my error. Actually logical. After moving the 2.5.2.1 wrapper from the NAS to the hard drive of my computer, I was able to get the RXP GTN 750 update without any problems. Now I can zoom in and out again and turn to the knobs ... 🙂

All the best. Micha

Edited by RXP

I'm glad all is working for you now, but the linked discussion in this other forum gets me worried a lot: do they really recommend everyone to shut down UAC completely? 😲

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)