Sign in to follow this  
tres2

It is fixable! And I fixed it! Well - mostly...

I put up a post about a month and a half ago (see "It must be fixable!" above) lamenting the unusability of my 
Premier and hoping for some suggestions as I was convinced that the problem was fixable and that it is a good airplane.

Now I am here to report that I have fixed it - mostly. Actually, I didn't fix it at all, I simply found a post on carenado's website (see "Navigraph not loading" in the knowledge base on Carenado's website) which, when I followed the instructions, made my Premier fully operational. And it flies like a princess! But there's one little problem.

I subsequently discovered that the fix in question, which rearranges some of the syntax in the DLL.XML file is incompatible with Fsuipc; it disables it automatically somehow. This is a deal killer for me as I fly exclusively on Flyteline which is an outgrowth of FS Economy, with which most experienced AVSIM people are, I believe, at least basically familiar. The agent utility for both of these add-ons requires Fsuipc.

As things are, Fsuipc automatically becomes disabled when one follows instructions from the Carenado knowledge base post to which I am referring. Without something new being done, it cannot reside in the DLL.XML file with the Nava graph statement as instructed. And that statement is the only way I can get the Premier to work properly. So, unless I fix it it's a no go for me.

That is so frustrating! I am so close! Lord help us, there is an awful lot of brainpower around here, does not anybody have any kind of an idea? I would be most, most grateful.

Edited by tres2

Did it say to add these lines:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Carenavigraph</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

If so, that is just one dll to be loaded

I would assume there is another block for fsuipc:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Yes exactly. Both of those blocks of text were already there in my DLL.XML file but the Carenado knowledgebase post says to put the Carenavigraph block ABOVE the Simbase line at the top. (both it and the Fsuipc text were already there below). It is only when having the Carenavigraph block above the Simbase line that the airplane will work properly.

There is another part in the Carenado knowledgebase which instructs the release of permissions. I have done that. And somebody (can't find the post now, sorry) suggested that the GPU must be activated, I tried that also and also no joy.

And I'm thinking about the GTN 750 and, while I am only starting to become familiar with Flight1 I have no doubt that they (you?) are a quality developer and that the GTN 750 is a worthy value, this still doesn't answer the question of why does the airplane seem to work just fine in my Windows 7 computer at my office (see the earlier post)

Thanks for responding Bert, I was starting to worry that maybe I need to change my mouthwash LOL! You are obviously one of the most knowledgeable guys around here and I'd be most grateful for any additional input you might have.

Tres

They say:

If those lines are not present please copy form here and paste in the file just before </SimBase.Document> line. (if you don't know or sure on how to do this you may also send us the file and I'll repair it and send back to you.).

a)  This simply means put the Carenavigraph as the last block (not at the top!)

b) If this does not work for you, suggest taking them up on the offer to fix it for you :cool:

Bert