Sign in to follow this  
morpheous

AI Models

Hello, 

What models does VOX use for their AI traffic? Is it the standard P3D models? I was wondering how to get the program to use the models from BVAI which are more realistic. Can this be done?

Thanks

Jim V

Jim Vasto

If you do not add any AI flight plans, then VOXATC will use the default AI flight plan which is based on the sim's own AI aircraft models. The default flight plan is located here:

G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl

If you want to use the BVAI models, you have to create flight plans for them with AI Flight Planner (AIFP). The BVAI models are designed for use in Vatsim and hence do not come with companion flight plans. The easier way is to buy either My Traffic 6 or the early access version of Just Flight Global Traffic. The former has fairly old models that don't look all that good. The latter has a few teething bugs but it is essentially turn key as it installs both fairly good looking models and up to date flight plans. Ultimate Traffic live injects AI traffic into P3d in a non-standard way and is presently not compatible with VOXATC.

Personally, I use Alpha India Group (AIG) freeware models and flight plans, but the initial amount of work needed to do so is probably more than you want to invest. If you add your own flight plans and or a payware AI package, your have to rename the file listed above in bold to ...bgl.off, else you will also see the default sim fake airlines.

Ok thanks for the info, I have both My traffic and ultimate traffic Live. I'm currently trying our PSXseecon and like it alot other then the strange taxi behavior of AI and the the fact that VOTATC has no control over it but i think I'll keep it for now.

Cheers,

jim

Jim Vasto

On 6/5/2018 at 8:12 PM, morpheous said:

I'm currently trying our PSXseecon

Look here for real time ATC streams which will match the PSXseecon traffic:

https://www.liveatc.net/feedmap/feedmap.html

And here for LAAP 2.0, a freeware add-on that will automatically change the live stream that you hear, depending on which comm frequency is active in the user aircraft's radio:

http://laap.atc.free.fr/accueil-en.php