Hello,

I just installed LittleNavmap 2.0 in a second computer. I copied the database from the computer running Xplane 11 to this second computer, and both are connected trough  Little Navconnect flawlessly. 

But, the OpenStreetMap is not shown on the second computer, not OpenStreetMap, neither OpenMapsurfer, etc.  In the first computer (where Xplane11 is installed) is shown as usual.

Any ideas? probably I forgot something very basic.

Jordi

Hi Jordi,

the folder "data" might be missing in the Little Navmap directory if the map is plain black.

Otherwise check if the Offline maps display. If yes: The program cannot reach the internet. Check the firewall settings.

Alex

• Like 1

Hello Alex,

Folder "data" is not missing. 

How to check maps offline display? Windows defender and Windows firewall are disabled.

I can show/hide the highs, but not the maps. I can see only a light blue background.

Jordi

Hi Jordi,

can you check for updates in the help menu without an error message?

It seems that the program cannot use encrypted connections (SSL/HTTPS). Install the  Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. Install both 32 and 64 bit versions. This should fix it.

Alex

Edit: The offline map themes are "Plain", "Simple" and "Atlas". Same menu as the OpenStreetMap and others.

Edited by albar965
offline map themes

Hello Alex,

Installing  Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 solved the problem.

Vielen Dank!!!

Jordi

I use Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and I am having the same problem as Jordi all of a sudden my map has disappeared. I have been using it since the first release for FS 2020 with no problems. It shows for a second when I launch and then is gone. I can see the map if I put it to full screen, but I need it to be resizable because I use it on the same monitor as Flt Sim 2020.I did all of the steps above, but the map is still gone.

Ken

8 minutes ago, rumba9 said:

I use Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and I am having the same problem as Jordi all of a sudden my map has disappeared. I have been using it since the first release for FS 2020 with no problems. It shows for a second when I launch and then is gone. I can see the map if I put it to full screen, but I need it to be resizable because I use it on the same monitor as Flt Sim 2020.I did all of the steps above, but the map is still gone.

Ken

Reset window layout does not help?
I'm already working throughout the whole release to get the around the issues in the Qt window management.

Alex

I just upgraded from 2.4.5 to 2.6.6 and all went well at first. I could see a map. However, I had trouble with my aircraft perf files and saved flight plans, which did not show up. I solved that problem by disabling OneDrive, which is where my data was being stored and not in the default directories.

After that, I cannot now see any maps. I reset windows layout, no effect. Just to be safe, I repeated the whole installation to a new directory after deleting  the original upgrade. Still no map, but all else shows up.

I tried your suggestion on the C++, but I got a message it would not install on my PC, which is strange. Maps were never an issue in 2.4.5.

Barry

6 hours ago, DBarryM said:

I just upgraded from 2.4.5 to 2.6.6 and all went well at first. I could see a map. However, I had trouble with my aircraft perf files and saved flight plans, which did not show up. I solved that problem by disabling OneDrive, which is where my data was being stored and not in the default directories.

After that, I cannot now see any maps. I reset windows layout, no effect. Just to be safe, I repeated the whole installation to a new directory after deleting  the original upgrade. Still no map, but all else shows up.

I tried your suggestion on the C++, but I got a message it would not install on my PC, which is strange. Maps were never an issue in 2.4.5.

Barry

Further to above, tried once again to load C++ redistributal, and this time got it to install ok. The map showed, mostly hidden by docking windows, but modified them and can view map now.

Further tweaking was required on default flight directories after chaos caused by inadvertent use of OneDrive. Strongly suggest not to use!