Sign in to follow this  
Orinks

Radar Contact and MCE

Hi all,

I just got an RC4 key again, and was curious about how the RC intigration with MCE works.

Is it possible to have it handle coms on ground like PF3 does? I can't remember if that was BVI specific or not. I just figured I'd try it--I know David Herky here still prefers it I think.

I like RC4 because it nags more consistently if I forget the last instruction, whereas with PF3, I don't know all of the commands for MCE, such as how to make MCE send the say it again command to PF3.

8 hours ago, Orinks said:

Hi all,

I just got an RC4 key again, and was curious about how the RC intigration with MCE works.

Is it possible to have it handle coms on ground like PF3 does? I can't remember if that was BVI specific or not. I just figured I'd try it--I know David Herky here still prefers it I think.

I like RC4 because it nags more consistently if I forget the last instruction, whereas with PF3, I don't know all of the commands for MCE, such as how to make MCE send the say it again command to PF3.

You could use these to ask Fo to request controller repeat message

Please ask controller to say again.

Let's ask controller to say again

Ask controller to say again

....there are other variations, like "request say again".

Replace "say again" in all sentences above with any of the following and you will have more variations

repeat last message

repeat message

repeat clearance

confirm message

confirm clearance

clearance confirmation

retransmit message

retransmit

And if you can't manage to remember any of those, make your own custom command for that and tie it to one of the built-in ones above and it should work.

As for RC4, it is interfaced slightly differently. The way you instruct Fo should be the same though.

The main difference is that MCE relies on capturing the ATC window text inside the simulator and interacting with RC4 menu displayed at any given time.

If you don't want an intruder aboard, you need to download and install our own voice packs intended to replace a few RC4 voices so that the FO voice remains the same.

Currently, only William, Lorna and Bill MCE co-pilots have recorded their set for RC4.

Download this MCE_VOice_Packs_For_RC4 zip file

Instructions included.