Sign in to follow this  
Orinks

Customizing BVI features

Hi FS++ and all,

Is it possible if we can get our own section in mce.ini so that we may customize our features as toggles?

For example, since most of us use FSX Pilot as an autopilot and not the simulator autopilot, having MCE enter the autopilot headings and altitudes as PF3 gives them is kind of pointless now, though it does help in instances where MCE says things like 1000 to go, etc. So it's a double edged sword.

On the other hand, since FSX Pilot doesn't use the simulator autopilot, I could use the feature that reads flight instrument data aloud so that I know FSX Pilot is working and doing what I tell it to do.

I'd like to be able to toggle the takeoff procedure as well. I fly for virtual airlines, and most Acars software forbids MCE's slewing when I tell it to taxi to a runway. If I tell MCE to taxi, MCE tries to do it, but most airline software detects it and stops it. MCE says "relocation in progress" anyway until I say Abort Relocation.

FSX Pilot's taxiing, meanwhile, is not so great. It drives recklessly to the runway avoiding taxiways all together, but I'm flying offline for now so that doesn't matter as much. When FSX Pilot's taxiing is done, using MCE's takeoff with takeoff thrust command MCE doesn't pull the stick, making me wonder if FSX Pilot doesn't taxi to the centerline.

So, with FSX Pilot taking off and MCE also pulling the stick, yeah... just don't need two programs running at once here doing the same thing. I use both for various reasons. MCE for GSX and management of ATC. FSX Pilot for piloting and, most important, landing the aircraft

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Orinks said:

Hi FS++ and all,

Is it possible if we can get our own section in mce.ini so that we may customize our features as toggles?

For example, since most of us use FSX Pilot as an autopilot and not the simulator autopilot, having MCE enter the autopilot headings and altitudes as PF3 gives them is kind of pointless now, though it does help in instances where MCE says things like 1000 to go, etc. So it's a double edged sword.

On the other hand, since FSX Pilot doesn't use the simulator autopilot, I could use the feature that reads flight instrument data aloud so that I know FSX Pilot is working and doing what I tell it to do.

I'd like to be able to toggle the takeoff procedure as well. I fly for virtual airlines, and most Acars software forbids MCE's slewing when I tell it to taxi to a runway. If I tell MCE to taxi, MCE tries to do it, but most airline software detects it and stops it. MCE says "relocation in progress" anyway until I say Abort Relocation.

FSX Pilot's taxiing, meanwhile, is not so great. It drives recklessly to the runway avoiding taxiways all together, but I'm flying offline for now so that doesn't matter as much. When FSX Pilot's taxiing is done, using MCE's takeoff with takeoff thrust command MCE doesn't pull the stick, making me wonder if FSX Pilot doesn't taxi to the centerline.

So, with FSX Pilot taking off and MCE also pulling the stick, yeah... just don't need two programs running at once here doing the same thing. I use both for various reasons. MCE for GSX and management of ATC. FSX Pilot for piloting and, most important, landing the aircraft

Thanks.

OK, will see what can be done.

I am assuming FSX pilot only has the ability to set HDG, ALT on default aircraft. Not with complex aircraft like PMDG 737 NGX, so not a good idea to remove that.

Actually, FSX Pilot can fly the PMDG NGX. I don't know how extensively though. From what I was told by a friend who bought the NGX to try it out, he said he manually has to control the throttles and flaps. Me doing that doesn't end well in most cases, especially the throttles and stalling the aircraft.

The friend has a joystick though, something I don't have. I've got an XBox One controller but that probably wouldn't work for something like FS.