I bought the e170/190 knowing that British Airways fly those planes. I was told I could buy the livery. Does anyone know where that is? 

Also, quick question about the fuel reserve in the FMC. What would be a standard percentage here? 

Thanks

Gaz

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)

For the liveries, either search the Avsim library and see i there is a free one, which there might be, or look on Steam, or do a search for Leeijo's airplane liveries.

For fuel reserves, here's a guideline for what you should consider carrying for a commercial flight: Taxi fuel, which of course varies (if you are a BA flight at Heathrow it won't be a lot, other airlines get the stands with longer taxi distances of course and the same is true for other flag airlines at other airports) + Trip fuel (to reach your planned destination) +  Contingency Fuel (this value being whichever is the higher figure of either five percent of your trip fuel, or enough fuel for five minutes of holding + Alternate Fuel required to fly a missed approach procedure at your destination and then continue to your alternate + Reserve Fuel (30 mins for a jet, 45 for a prop) + Emergency Fuel which might prove necessary to fly to your alternate with an engine shut down or at an altitude low enough to negate the dangers of a cabin pressure loss + Anything additional fuel you want to carry you want on top of all of the previous mandatory stuff, at the Captain's discretion.

Edited by Chock

1 hour ago, Chock said:

For the liveries, either search the Avsim library and see i there is a free one, which there might be, or look on Steam, or do a search for Leeijo's airplane liveries.

Thanks for that. I've found one from Leeijo, but it was on Steam, and I didn't buy Prepar3d on Steam, so I don't know if it would work if I could buy it on Steam? Is it avaliable elsewhere? 

Thanks

Gaz

It might be possible (if you had FSX on Steam) to buy the steam version of the jet, then buy the paint jobs on Steam, then port it over to P3D, but it seems like a lot of trouble to go to for a paint job. Frankly, I'd be inclined to see if there is a paint kit, which presumably there is, and then knock up your own livery for free.

The aircraft bought from Steam might not work in anything but FSX-SE.  They encrypt the MDL file.  But the textures might.