Sign in to follow this  
jtwhite

"The Dome" in X-Plane 11

I figure my problem is some sort of scenery issue, so I'll post it here first.

There's this little airstrip just east of Juneau (7AK2-Snettisham) that has a gravel strip. It's owned by the utility company, which has a hydroelectric plant up in the mountains.

The thing is, when I land on Runway 33 and taxi toward the other end... BANG, the plane hits what appears to be an invisible brick wall and crashes just before reaching the end.

I thought perhaps it was something my WED custom version was causing. I removed it and found out the reason was a deep "dip" in the terrain just past the end of the default airport. It seems whenever I save the custom airport, the "dip" now appears before you reach the end of the runway (I didn't change the length).

I extended the airport boundary and told WED to always flatten, but the problem persists.

Any idea what it might be?

JTW

Usually an uneven seam in the terrain tile - running along a degree of latitude or longitude. It´s a known problem that pops up in some parts of the world - nothing can be done about it, except for trying some other scenery mesh (like the HD mesh).

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Janov