Norm

Cannot get camera to move

Posted (edited)

Pardon the question as I am new to Chase Plane. (migrated from ezdok2)

Maybe, I just don't understand the instructions correctly? Being in my 70's has it's toll????

If I assign a  button to move left or right or pan (or any movement), it doesn't do anything when I am in a preset cam?

The only way I can get the view to change (for example) look out the left window) is to hold the spacebar and move the mouse! Am I doing this correctly?

I would also like to have this flexibility to move around when in spot plane mode>

I'm sure it is just me that's doing it wrong!

By the way none of the buttons are otherwise assigned in FSX or FSUIPC

Thank you

Norm

Edited by Norm
add a line

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ni Norm,

Please generate a Report file from the Preferences after observing the issue and send the file over to us via email

I will do that.

One thing though, I am using dual monitors will that be anything to do with it?

Norm

New info:

I just discovered that none of my fsx views are working?

(I restored default views to test) When I try to change to a view like snap left or right, nothing changes??.

They were working before I installed Chaseplane? I also tried uninstalling Chaseplane but that did not fix it?

Posted (edited)

Is anyone out there?

Maybe I am not explaining my problem clearly?

Basically, I can not use my hat switch or any buttons or keys to look around the cockpit or even outside views? All I can do is hold spacebar and move the mouse which allows in cockpit movement (But not on outside views)

I cannot understand the lack of replies, is it just me?

I did  send the report as requested 2 days ago but have not heard any response??

Also, I forgot to add: As soon as I installed CP, all my FSX views ceased to be operational ( as I am an ex ezdok user,I am aware of the conflicts issues with view controls). So, as soon as I install CP I cannot tilt pan or anything but, as soon as I remove CP they come back?

Afterthought: I thought it was stressful enough raising 3 kids but, this takes the ticket!  LOL

Edited by Norm

You heard back from us, look carefully at the timestamps of our emails.

Is the issue solved or is that something else that we haven't fixed with you via email?

"You heard back from us, look carefully at the timestamps of our emails."

I am confused.

Obviously there is some confusion here. I only got one email basically acknowledging the report but nothing else till today by which time the problem was fixed?

On 6/21/2018 at 4:55 PM, Norm said:

Maybe I am not explaining my problem clearly?

Norm,

Can I ask a quick question about how you look around? When I'm actually inside the aircraft, there is only one place I know I can be, which is sitting in the captain's seat. I'm not aware, in P3D or FSX, of how you move around the aircraft.  This is quite important for setting up Chaseplane I think.  Like you, all I use is spacebar+mouse button, but that doesn't change your position, only your view.

This would help, especially when the captain wants to visit the, erm, toilet, and when I want to set up my views.

Thanks, Gaz

In the sim (not using CP) you can use a combination of keys like Control=Enter to move right and Control-Backspace to move Left.  Alt Enter/Backspace for up and down, etc.  You'll find this mapping in your P3D Control Settings.

In CP, you can assign button to do the same thing and when you're where you want to save a view just assign (capture) the position as a view.

Back when I was working with Keven (the ChasePlane dev) he gave me a piece of advice that changed everything for me... that was to purchase an inexpensive Xbox Controller (less than $20 at Walmart) and use it exclusively for ChasePlane views.  Man, I tell you what... there is nothing better, and I don't have to remember what flaming keyboard assignment does what.  In fact, I rarely use the keyboard for anything in flight sim (I have a few hardware devices, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, Multi-Panel and the full suit of controllers).

Anyway, the XBox controller sits off to the side and I use it strickly for ChasePlane.  I can't recommend it enough.

18 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Anyway, the XBox controller sits off to the side and I use it strickly for ChasePlane.  I can't recommend it enough

That sounds good. I have an XBox that I don't use now, but it's an XBox 360. The controllers are wireless, and to be honest I don't know what functionality they use to get to the XBox (is is Bluetooth?). If I went through the XBox way, might be worth me going to get a new one. Is your for XBox One? Is it Bluetooth for any PC?

Gaz

26 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

In the sim (not using CP) you can use a combination of keys like Control=Enter to move right and Control-Backspace to move Left.  Alt Enter/Backspace for up and down, etc.  You'll find this mapping in your P3D Control Settings

Oh, btw, this is brilliant. For some reason I have never used this kind of functionality in the sim, so I'll give it a go.

Thanks, Gaz

59 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Oh, btw, this is brilliant. For some reason I have never used this kind of functionality in the sim, so I'll give it a go.

Thanks, Gaz

Most welcome Gaz.

Happy flights my friend.

1 hour ago, Gary McCluskey said:

That sounds good. I have an XBox that I don't use now, but it's an XBox 360. The controllers are wireless, and to be honest I don't know what functionality they use to get to the XBox (is is Bluetooth?). If I went through the XBox way, might be worth me going to get a new one. Is your for XBox One? Is it Bluetooth for any PC?

Gaz

I don't use a wireless XBox controller, so mine is connected via a USB cable.  I did however Google "Connect Xbox Controller to PC" and below is what it came up with:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup

Seems pretty straight forward so I don't think you'll have much difficulty.

By the way, a lot of people seem to create each aircraft profile from scratch, but I just use the same profile for each aircraft given the only views I use ChasePlane for are external and airport views and internally the Pilot, Copilot, Jumpseat and overhead.  For everything else I use 2D popup panels (CDU/MDCU), the hat switch, or my TrackIR - the TrackIR integration with Chaseplane wasn't straight forward (easy), but Keven took it on and did a incredible job with it!

There is no doubt in my mind that ChasePlane is one of those incredible addons that hit our community about every 5 years or so... it's just that damned good!  A real piece of ingenuity and art.  Keven Meynard and his team at FSFX really make their mark on our hobby, and the rest of their addons are terrific as well!

Best wishes.

Great stuff - I'm looking forward to getting it up and running. I'll get the details from the other thread and let you know the specs, etc, of my system. 

Gaz

22 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

In the sim (not using CP) you can use a combination of keys like Control=Enter to move right and Control-Backspace to move Left.  Alt Enter/Backspace for up and down, etc.  You'll find this mapping in your P3D Control Settings

Sorry to be a bother again, but now that I have Clearview working, it has stopped me from moving around in P3D! That means I can't move anywhere, and then set it up in the list of PRESETS. CTRL+SHIFT+BACKSPACE, for example, should move my eye viewpoint left - but all of these movement are doing nothing. Where the checkbox is set in P3D for that setting or not, it doesn't matter, it doesn't work - check it out here.

Any reason why it would do that?

Gaz

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Edited by Gary McCluskey

You have to set those controls in ChasePlane's Preferences, not Prepar3D. Everything that has to do with cameras have to be set in CP and removed from P3D to prevent conflicts.

There is a User Manual here explaining basic functionalities of CP: 

13 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

You have to set those controls in ChasePlane's Preferences

Thanks Kevin.  I've discovered that I seem to be able to do it on the CAMERA-CONTROLS area of Chaseplane.

Out of interest, what keys or joystick commands do you recommend for moving, rather than looking around?  I don't have an XBox controller - is that something I should look into?

Gaz

41 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Thanks Kevin.  I've discovered that I seem to be able to do it on the CAMERA-CONTROLS area of Chaseplane.

Out of interest, what keys or joystick commands do you recommend for moving, rather than looking around?  I don't have an XBox controller - is that something I should look into?

Gaz

I personally use AWSD for directions and QE for up and down (like what’s used for most games) but a lot of people like to use the arrow keys.

I Pan and Tilt the camera around using the mouse as most people do.

38 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Gaz

Well... As I wrote before, Keven recommended to me using an Xbox controller and it made life not only easier, but SWEET! 

But if you are resolved to using keys, then please go into your P3D settings and see what the keys you're thinking of using do.  You'll also be able to see what key/key combinations do in P3D and you can always unassign those which you do not need and then use those for ChasePlane. In other words, the assignment of keys in simply a personal choice thus it's difficult for someone to make this recommendation.  Difficult, but notimpossible, but it's still better to figure this out on your own.

Best wishes my friend.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

As I wrote before, Keven recommended to me using an Xbox controller and it made life not only easier, but SWEET! 

An Xbox controller is practical in some situations but not all. It allows for great and precise camera moves but it’s by no means a transparent solution to moving the camera

Edited by Keven Menard

4 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

AWSD for directions and QE 

Thanks both of you. 

Out of interest what did AWSD stand for? According to Google, its Aid Worker Security Database! 🤣

Also, QE? 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Thanks both of you. 

Out of interest what did AWSD stand for? According to Google, its Aid Worker Security Database! 🤣

Also, QE? 

WASD sorry my mistake

Otj4Xcm_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Q for down and E for up

Edited by Keven Menard

2 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

WASD sorry my mistake

Thanks mate - I should've seen it, anyway. Its too late here in London for me to think straight! 

Gaz