Sign in to follow this  
annathy

PMDG Aircraft missing after 4.2 update

We finally bit the bullet today and installed the 4.2 update using the modular method that is supposed to work and leave everything in place... (Client, content and scenery). Get the feeling perhaps I should have only installed the client as now my pmdg aircraft aren't working.

They're missing when I open P3D, however all the PMDG folders/files seem to still exist.

In the Ops Centre I get the message "Please note: You have installed a version of this PMDG product..." etc as if it's pointing at the 4.1 version still and can't find It????

Anyone got any ideas/assistance?

Edit: I tried both installers using repair option and still no luck...

- Paul Smith

Edited by annathy

1 hour ago, annathy said:

Edit: I tried both installers using repair option and still no luck...

This is one of the very, very rare cases where I recommend a reinstall (uninstall/reinstall - different from repair). If you're going to rip through all of that extra sim content uninstall/reinstall work, you'll need to do the plane, too.

Also: in reality, unless someone makes some strong argument for installing anything other than the client itself, I don't see why anyone would waste the time for the minor versions (4.1 -> 4.2, etc.). I'd stick with that going forward.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Also: in reality, unless someone makes some strong argument for installing anything other than the client itself, I don't see why anyone would waste the time for the minor versions (4.1 -> 4.2, etc.). I'd stick with that going forward.

Thanks. Got them working with the uninstall/reinstall thanks.  However have managed to break so much other stuff (Linda, Rex etc) that it looks like I'm going to have do a full install again.

Lesson learnt the hard way. Client only in the future.