Sign in to follow this  
Premier

[Answered] Boeing 737 Series double flashing strobes

Posted (edited)

Hi Simbol. Firstly thanks for a fantastic freeware package. The improvements are dramatic, loving the  reflections on the ground and A/C from the strobes on some aircraft.

I dont have a full AI package (like UT2, MT etc) installed yet, but am using the FTX AI package, which is aircraft that service AU Basically and includes a lot of models and liveries

When I installed the FTX package, I didnt want all the AI aircraft in /Simobjects/Airplanes, so I created a folder in Airplanes called FTX AI Aircaft (Certified for p3Dv4) and they are all in there (Simobjects/Airplanes/FTX AI Aircraft). I added them to the simobject.cfg file and they all show up great in traffic. Can I assume that the FSReborn effects will be applied to the AI aircraft in that folder (Simobjects/Airplanes/FTX AI Aircraft) or should I move the whole AI folder to P3Dv4.2 addons?

I did a default install of FSReborn AI package, under C:\Program Files, and I see all the fx files there as well as the Texture folder within, but I also note that those textures also got copied to the default P3D4.2 Effects folder (I didn't touch that folder or overwrite anything, LoL) Is there supposed to be duplication?

My last question is I notice that the 737 series sports double "airbus" strobes. When I go to the 737-800 in FTX AI Aircraft, I see below:

light.2 = 2, -20.422, -55.712, 4.857, fx_strobe
light.3 = 2, -20.422, 55.712, 4.857, fx_strobe
light.4 = 1, -5.242, 0, -4.21, fx_beacon
light.5 = 1, 1.10, 0, 9.567, fx_beacon
light.6 = 3, -26.315, 55.062, 4.698, fx_navwhi
light.7 = 3, -26.315, -55.062, 4.698, fx_navwhi
light.8 = 2, -69.309, 0, 7.650, fx_strobe

It appears that most of the aircraft in the FTX AI folder (FAIB aircraft included) are not referencing your effect package on my install

I can of course manually change them all, but wanted to know if one of your effects is a single pulse strobe, so it can be applied to Boeings (for example can I use the file "fx_FAIB_7673_strobe" for the 737 wing strobes?

Thanks once again for your work, will look at upgrading to the pro version if I can get this sorted out

Many thanks,

Cheers  Chris

Perth, Western Australia

Edited by Premier
Speeeling

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

21 minutes ago, Premier said:

Hi Simbol. Firstly thanks for a fantastic freeware package. The improvements are dramatic, loving the  reflections on the ground and A/C from the strobes on some aircraft.

I dont have a full AI package (like UT2, MT etc) installed yet, but am using the FTX AI package, which is aircraft that service AU Basically and includes a lot of models and liveries

When I installed the FTX package, I didnt want all the AI aircraft in /Simobjects/Airplanes, so I created a folder in Airplanes called FTX AI Aircaft (Certified for p3Dv4) and they are all in there (Simobjects/Airplanes/FTX AI Aircraft). I added them to the simobject.cfg file and they all show up great in traffic. Can I assume that the FSReborn effects will be applied to the AI aircraft in that folder (Simobjects/Airplanes/FTX AI Aircraft) or should I move the whole AI folder to P3Dv4.2 addons?

I did a default install of FSReborn AI package, under C:\Program Files, and I see all the fx files there as well as the Texture folder within, but I also note that those textures also got copied to the default P3D4.2 Efffects folder (I didnt touch that folder or overwrite anything, LoL) Is there supposed to be duplication?

My last question is I notice that the 737 series sports double "airbus" strobes. When I go to the 737-800 in FTX AI Aircraft, I see below:

light.2 = 2, -20.422, -55.712, 4.857, fx_strobe
light.3 = 2, -20.422, 55.712, 4.857, fx_strobe
light.4 = 1, -5.242, 0, -4.21, fx_beacon
light.5 = 1, 1.10, 0, 9.567, fx_beacon
light.6 = 3, -26.315, 55.062, 4.698, fx_navwhi
light.7 = 3, -26.315, -55.062, 4.698, fx_navwhi
light.8 = 2, -69.309, 0, 7.650, fx_strobe

It appears that most of the aircraft in the FTX AI folder (FAIB aircraft included) are not referencing your effect package on my install

I can of course manually change them all, but wanted to know if one of your effects is a single pulse strobe, so it can be applied to Boeings

Thanks once again for your work, will look at upgrading to the pro version if I can get this sorted out

Many thanks,

Cheers  Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your positive feedback I really appreciated it.

To answer your questions:

1) The freeware do not copy any files into the P3D directory, it uses the new Addon.XML method so there is no need for such thing. I just ran the installer again and confirmed that the files are not going anywhere else, I cannot comment what happened on your case without examining your system in detail.

2) The freeware effects will be enabled for any AI traffic that becomes active on your sim via any means: BGL traffic files, multiplayer (VATSIM, IVAO), SimConnect, etc.

3) You don't need to edit any lighting configuration, the effects are working as intended as the freeware implements double pulsing XEON strobes for the entire fleet, this was done with the idea of creating a better visibility for the simulator in comparison with what is delivered by default for P3D, it is important to understand that the freeware edition has limitations and I had to create something that would work for the majority of the cases, Airbus, C-Series and many other manufactures use double pulse strobes, leaving only Boeing and other few with single pulse so the decision was made to use double pulse for everything otherwise the workload would have been massive considering all the posible variables and different AI packages available on the market.

When I created the freeware I had to design and implement something simple but effective that would work with the majority of the system out there and you are now experiencing the results.

The Profesional edition of course as the name implies is able to implement much better characteristics for people like you which are looking for much more level of detail and realism, on this respect the Profesional Edition is able to create single pulse strobes for Boeing models and double pulse strobe for Airbus, different strobes for GA aircraft, etc., it will also enable end users to select their own texture maps and many other features.

Many thanks for your kind support,

Simbol

Thanks Simbol for your speedy reply.

It seems a lot of my AI aircraft are using (for the strobes) fx_strobe and other generic  fx_navwhi, fx_beacon effects etc. These modified files have also been included in your package, I assume to cater to "All" AI aircraft?

I see there is FAIB_* effects as well for FAIB specific models. The reason I ask is I have FAIB models in my FTX AI package, but in the lights section, the effects are not being referenced to the FAIB specific effects in your package, only to the generic fx_strobe and other generic  fx_navwhi, fx_beacon effects

Do I need to point these FAIB aircraft (in my package) to your FAIB effects?

Are FAIB aircraft models different in some way?

Thanks  Chris

7 hours ago, Premier said:

Thanks Simbol for your speedy reply.

It seems a lot of my AI aircraft are using (for the strobes) fx_strobe and other generic  fx_navwhi, fx_beacon effects etc. These modified files have also been included in your package, I assume to cater to "All" AI aircraft?

I see there is FAIB_* effects as well for FAIB specific models. The reason I ask is I have FAIB models in my FTX AI package, but in the lights section, the effects are not being referenced to the FAIB specific effects in your package, only to the generic fx_strobe and other generic  fx_navwhi, fx_beacon effects

Do I need to point these FAIB aircraft (in my package) to your FAIB effects?

Are FAIB aircraft models different in some way?

Thanks  Chris

Certain AI FAIB Models use different effect names were the rest of the entire AI fleet use the default system effect names, the latest version of AI Lights Reborn was updated to support the last releases from FAIB.

As I said you don't need to modify anything on your system, the freeware package knows what is doing :).

Enjoy your flights!

Simbol

Thanks Simbol for your reply, looking fwd to the pro edition :-)

Cheers  Chris

• Like 1