Sign in to follow this  
Andy Montoya

B737-600/700 Expansion Pack cant install

Hi, i got the 737-600/700 Expansion Pack. As Owner of 800/900 Base Package (DVD-Version) it´s a goodQuestion why i cant install it. PMDG doesnt wrote that it works only with Downloadversion. The Install Manager said i must just update my Aircraft and i did it-but i cant install.The Question is: How can i use the  Expansion. Ormust i buy a second timethe737 touse the smallerVersion of the 737?

ThanksaLot. Gonzo

17 minutes ago, Andy Montoya said:

Hi, i got the 737-600/700 Expansion Pack. As Owner of 800/900 Base Package (DVD-Version) it´s a goodQuestion why i cant install it. PMDG doesnt wrote that it works only with Downloadversion. The Install Manager said i must just update my Aircraft and i did it-but i cant install.The Question is: How can i use the  Expansion. Ormust i buy a second timethe737 touse the smallerVersion of the 737?

To obtain the latest update for any DVD version of the PMDG 737NGX or the download version sold by Aerosoft, please follow these steps:
  1. Visit Aerosoft's support page here http://support.aerosoft.com

2. If you do not have an account there please create one and login.

3. Press the Add product and enter your activation ID. When the product is added to your account click the update to download the latest version.
Once the file is downloaded, please follow these instructions to install - note that this is not an update or patch install, it requires a full reinstall of the airplane:
  1. Uninstall your old versions of the 600/700 (if you own it) and then the 800/900 from Control Panel/Programs and Features.

2. Make sure you have your desired FSX environment (ie FSX retail alone, FSX:SE alone, or both installed) *before* you install the new version of the PMDG 737NGX. 

3. Run the new installer, it will prompt you to choose FSX retail, FSX:SE or both. Changing these sim install options later will necessitate uninstalling again first, so make sure you have the configuration you want. to avoid reinstalling later. If you own the 600/700 addon through the PMDG download store, you will need to download an updated installer from your PMDG store account and install the 600/700 using that file.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the Answer, so i talk with Aerosoft. They said if i didn´t bought it on a Aerosoft Shop i cant create a Account to update the 737. So we have the Problem now what we can do?

Gonzo

14 minutes ago, Andy Montoya said:

Thanks for the Answer, so i talk with Aerosoft. They said if i didn´t bought it on a Aerosoft Shop i cant create a Account to update the 737. So we have the Problem now what we can do?

Gonzo

Andy,

If you have the boxed version then by going to http://support.aerosoft.com  and creating an account and then putting the Activation ID there you should be able to download the update. Aerosoft is in charge for all boxed versions.

If you still have issues please open a ticket with us (URL in my signature) to further check

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

10 hours ago, Andy Montoya said:

They said if i didn´t bought it on a Aerosoft Shop i cant create a Account to update the 737.

If you didn't buy it from Aerosoft then you probably do not have product that you can register or update.  The product (download or boxed) is licensed only to the original purchaser and cannot be transferred.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi, so today after ne setup the Computer i installed my 737-800/900. Also i did update the Addon also today. So i should have the newest Update. But the Addon for the 600/700 ask for the Version 1.20.8396. Where is my Mistake? You cant update the boxed 737? I dont understand.

Gonzo

7 hours ago, Andy Montoya said:

You cant update the boxed 737? I dont understand.

Please be specific... almost two months ago you said you didn't buy the update from Aerosoft or at least I though that is what you said.  Now you said you have the update... is that the update for the PMDG B737-800/900 NGX? Uninstall the boxed version, install the new version.

Dan Downs KCRP

ok- years ago i bought the boxed Version ofthe PMDG B737-800/900. I install everything. Open a Aerosoft Account. Give them the Serial Number and download the newest Version which is avaible. start the Computer again and try to install the downloaded 600/700 Version- impossible, because i get a Failere Message. Download Version 1.20.8396 for 800/900 before install 600/700 Version.

5 hours ago, Andy Montoya said:

ok- years ago i bought the boxed Version ofthe PMDG B737-800/900. I install everything. Open a Aerosoft Account. Give them the Serial Number and download the newest Version which is avaible. start the Computer again and try to install the downloaded 600/700 Version- impossible, because i get a Failere Message. Download Version 1.20.8396 for 800/900 before install 600/700 Version.

You didn't say when you downloaded the newest version of the base package (800/900).  You didn't say you uninstalled the original version before installing the new version.  So your problem remains hard to understand.  Your problem could be you do not have the latest from Aerosoft unless you have done this in the past six months.  Or, your problem could be you didn't uninstall the original before installing the newer version.

Dan Downs KCRP