Sign in to follow this  
moewoud

Infinite Loop on Hand-off to Departure

Hi Dave--
Infinite Loop Issue

I read the Bug Report from “glider1” which described an Infinite Loop issue similar to my issue and I have updated Pilot2ATC to 2.5.0.4_x64_R3.
This did not solve my loop issue.

For me, just prior to the first time the loop happened, I heard a brief, unfamiliar sound in my headphones. The sound and then the loop occurred
during hand-off to Departure (I took-off from KLNK bound for KOMA). I have not heard the unfamiliar sound again. However, the loop issue continues.

Actions I have taken:
I ended my flight and closed P2A.  I started the flight again with P2A and at the same point, the loop began again.

I ended my flight, closed P2A, and rebooted my PC. I started the flight again and same thing, again.

Ended my flight, closed P2A. I found and read the Infinite Loop issue on the Bug Report Forum posted by “glider1” and from reading the info given, I
downloaded and installed the P2A update (2.5.0.4_x64_R3} and updated the Navigraph data files as well. Started flight with P2A again, no joy.

I decided to try a different airport so I took off from a KOMA for KLNK using P2A and everything was OK.

Started new flight from KNLK for KOMA with a wind-shift which had ATC instruct me to take-off using a different runway. No joy.

I had X-Plane 11 Updater check my X-Plane 11 files. All X-Plane 11 files are OK. No joy.

I have found that P2A is an essential component of my flight-sim experience. Thank you for providing P2A for the flight-sim community.

moewoud

Please email a copy of the P2A log file for that flight to me at admin@pilot2atc.com so I can analyze it.

Log files are located in: 
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs 
where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.  

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave--

I continue to have issues with the Endless Loop. This time (August 01, 2018) the file you need was saved properly by Pilot2ATC. The previous time this happened (July 24, 2018), I was not able to find the file you need. It was not in the log folder. I will send the current event's Log file to you as an attachment on an email.

As has happened on each of the prior endless loops occasions, because of wind direction, I departed on a runway to the south. Then, shortly after takeoff and as I am being told by ATC to "Contact Departure", the rapid and endless instruction to change frequencies, began. I then ended my flight and shut-down X-Plane 11 and Pilot2ATC.

From our previous emails, you suggested that perhaps the issue was caused by my attempting a STAR that was too near my take-off point. Since your suggestion seemed logical, to me, I have been using the Eclipse 550NG and flying routes from KOMA to KMDW and KOMA to KMSP; routes that have been used by various airlines. I had hoped this would solve the issue I am having.

I will email you the copy of the file you have requested before.

Also, I "video-recorded" the flight. If you would like to see the video, let me know.

PC; Windows 10; X-Plane 11.25; Pilot2ATC V2.5.0.5_x64_R2; Aerobask Eclipse 550NG

Departing: KOMA Runway: RW18
Arriving: KMSP Runway: ILS-RW17Z

Planned Flight Level: FL240
Ground Speed: 365k

Arrival: NITZR3
Transition: ROKKK

Approach: ILS-RW17Z
Transition: NNEWW

Waypoints:
OVR
ROKKK
FUZEE
RRAZZ
KBEEE
DEMLL
NITZR
WRSAW
DAHRL
SHILD
GDNEE
NNEWW
PRZEE
LORAH

Thank you!
moewoud

Hi Dave--

You are absolutely correct! I apologize profusely!
The version number I am running is V2.5.0.4_x64_r3 and not V2.5.0.5_x64_r3 which you have requested I install.

I will install the most recent update as soon as possible and try my flight again.
Again, I wish to apologize for my confusion as to the version of Pilot2ATC I am running.

Is there or will there soon be an easier process I can follow that will insure I am running the most current version of Pilot2ATC? Currently, the only way I know to see if I am running the most current version of P2A is to check your website for version numbers and, as you can tell, I am having difficulty identifying if I am running the most current version.

I love your Pilot2ATC program and I do want to have the most current version available installed on my PC.

Thank you for your help!

Respectfully,

moewoud--

Moewoud,

When a new release comes out, I update the Current Version topic in this forum.

Just set your AVSIM profile to monitor the that topic for changes and you should get a notice when I change it.

Dave