Sign in to follow this  
DieterK

VaxATC AI Traffic stutters on pushback

Hi All,

I have a problem with my ai traffic on pushback.

The aircrafts stutters on pushback. The aircrafts doesn't roll on pushback, it jumps onemeter make a step to left or right an jump one meter and so an.

If the aircraft is in position it rolls forward and it is ok.

Any suggestions for my problem? I'm using P3D v4.3.

Regards Dieter 

VOXATC moves it's AI aircraft from waypoint to waypoint. The shuffling movement on pushback looks like it's related to how many waypoints are being used for pushing back a specific aircraft.

Bonjour jabloomf1230,

I read several articles in this forum and i noticed you know a lot about VoxATC. Maybe you could make tutorial videos to explain how to fix issues with VoxATC. For example by using ADE to fix fatal errors with frequencies and so on.

What do you think of that?

merci.

Thierry

That's a great idea, but first of all, my knowledge of VOXATC is just as limited as is the entire user base's. Because the official tech support has become so spotty as of late, I try to help other users so we all don't keep making the same mistakes repeatedly.

As to video tutorials, let me think about that, as there is a lot of planning needed to make a truly helpful tutorial. There are excellent ADE tutorials made by its author and they can be found here:

https://scruffyduck.screenstepslive.com/s/help_docs/m/20268

Most of the issues with VOXATC relate to malformed airports. Incorrect geometry, such as orphaned taxiway links and parking spots, are the main cause of problems. But comm frequency and runway changes are also often needed. Sometimes these issues stem from a 3rd party developer purposefully using design "tricks" to make an airport more realistic. These tricks may work with the default P3d ATC but not with VOXATC. The 3rd party add-on fsaerodata fixes many of the issues with navaids, approaches and comm frequencies.

The other main area of issues are caused by inconsistencies in P3d configuration files such as scenery.cfg, add-on.xml and add-ons.cfg. often these are introduced when a user manually edits these files. But there are threads here that point out problems created by 3rd party scenery installers. The sim just ignores these typos but VOXATC and it's Indexer utility do not.

The last type of issues are real bugs in VOXATC. Some are known bugs. Others are caused by conflicts with other 3rd party software. The user community can't do much if anything about these issues, except wait until the official support returns. This is too bad, because no other ATC add-on for either P3d4 or XP11 can match VOXATC for realism. 

Thank you for the nice compliment and if you have any specific questions regarding ADE let me know.

Edited by jabloomf1230

A couple more random thoughts on AI pushback. If anyone wants to play around and see if the AI pushback can be fixed, note this information from the author of ADE (although this applies to the sim's AI handling not VOXATC):

The length of the pushback is the shorter of:
• the radius of the parking spot, and
• the distance from the center of the parking spot to the closest node.

It's possible that the design of parking spots leads to more pushback stuttering (since pushback consists of a limited number of waypoints), but I tend to think that this problem is not fixable by the user.

Another point, many VOXATC users have increased this variable in VASettings.xml to get more realistic AI taxi speeds. This also may influence pushback, but again I haven't had a chance to test out that theory.

<TaxiAirspeed Value="nn.n" />

Edited by jabloomf1230

On 7/23/2018 at 2:39 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

nother point, many VOXATC users have increased this variable in VASettings.xml to get more realistic AI taxi speeds. This also may influence pushback, but again I haven't had a chance to test out that theory.

<TaxiAirspeed Value="nn.n" />

A small update. This variable does not impact pushback speed, which seems to be fixed at around 3-4 Kts.