Sign in to follow this  
wjtrefil

Simconnect issue with G.I.T and PMDG737NGX

This question is for someone with tech support and RealityXP.  I have a issue with the Installation of RealityXP 430 and 530 GNS software.  My Airline cockpit that I made has Goflight modules, MCP-PRO, EFIS etc, and I use the Go Flight Interface Tool 3.6.1,  with PMDG737NGX v 1.20.8465.  FSX Accel.  Win 8.1  I run all programs as Admin.  After installation of the Reality GNS software, I also had to install the Garmin trainer and Microsoft flight Simulator SimConnect Client v. 1.0.61259.0

Their software works with a GA aircraft.  Here is my problem:  I fly mostly PMDG.  This SIMCon client stops the GIT from talking with the MCPPRO unit.  Restarting GIT, running the wizard in the GIT interface does no good.  When I uninstalled the Reality software, GNS trainer, AND the SimCon Client,  reboot.....test my Cockpit with PMDG all is back to normal.

Have you heard about this from anyone else?

IF I reinstall the Reality xp 430/530, then GNS trainer, and note that Sim Con installed,  THEN go to ADD/REMOVE Prog and UNINSTALL that SimCon Client....WILL the Reality software function?  

3 weeks ago, when I first installed Reality, and this problem came up, The tech at GIT tried to help and after many attempts, I was told to reinstall FSX.  I do not want to start all over again.  I don't need to use this Reality that BAD.  I HAVE TIME TO GET A REFUND.

Thanks for the advice.

Wayne T.

Edited by RXP

Hi,

this is the first time we get such report.

The only component using simconnect is the rxpGNS2_menu.dll. It default installs into:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\32"

The pupose of this module is to manage the RXP GNS2 add-ons menu and the Panel Config Assistant.

You can disable the DLL easily in just editing the DLL.xml file and changing the setting highlighted below:

<Name>Reality XP GNS V2 Menu</Name>
<Disabled>True</Disabled>

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 7/17/2018 at 8:54 PM, RXP said:

Hi,

this is the first time we get such report.

The only component using simconnect is the rxpGNS2_menu.dll. It default installs into:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\32"

The pupose of this module is to manage the RXP GNS2 add-ons menu and the Panel Config Assistant.

You can disable the DLL easily in just editing the DLL.xml file and changing the setting highlighted below:

<Name>Reality XP GNS V2 Menu</Name>
<Disabled>True</Disabled>

Thanks for the response.  

What I am still trying to find out is IF I were to install a Garmin GNS 430 back into my system,  Is it possible to skip installing that MS Flight sim connect client?  That Client interfers with the Goflight Interface tool.  If the installation of your software defaults to installing the Client, then if I uninstall just the client in control panel(add /remove programs), will the 430 still function in FSX?

Without that module running, the rxpGNS2_menu.dll, how will that effect using the GNS430 in FSX?

Maybe you could contact the IT people at PollyPot software who makes the GIT.  

Thanks for your help.

Wayne T.

On 7/17/2018 at 9:54 PM, RXP said:

The purpose of this module is to manage the RXP GNS2 add-ons menu and the Panel Config Assistant.

You can disable the DLL easily in just editing the DLL.xml file

You can't skip installation, there is no option for this. However, once installed, you can disable it manually like described. It won't have any adverse effect, it will just remove the add-on menu entry and you won't have access to the panel assistant, which are separate from the gauge file.

The question is whether it is only the SimConnect based rxpGNS2_menu.dll which is interfering with 'GIT', is it only 'GIT' which is instead interfering with rxpGNS2_menu.dll, or is it something else.

Reinstalling the RXP GNS V2 and manually disabling the rxpGNS2_menu.dll SimConnect part should help figure out which component is most likely involved. From then on, we will be able to further investigate.

I find it strange a SimConnect client is interfering though, as this is supposed to be designed for multiple SimConnect clients running at the same time. It might be possible the issue is rooted somewhere else, like 'GIT' using some 'hacks' into the FS process.

NB: the RXP GNS V2 installer also installs SimConnect v10.0.61637.0 client, which is the minimum version needed.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)