Sign in to follow this  
Orinks

Now have Prepar 3D 4, can I use MCE with both sims?

Hi all,

I've discovered that, for the most part, Prepar 3D is much more accessible with screen readers regarding its interface over the older FSX.

I still have my MCE FSX version on here. The one downside to Prepar over FSX right now as it doesn't have a diverse group of aircraft by default.

I've got the A2A C172 here and FSX Pilot won't run a takeoff routine. I'm hoping that's because Prepar is starting it cold and dark, so that's where MCE can come in.

Until I can find aircraft I'd want to fly, can I somehow have both versions installed? The only thing holding me back right now is that I don't have a Cessna to fly on PVA, such as the Caravan. The C182 should be okay, but are there any flows available for these A2A aircraft?

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Orinks said:

Hi all,

I've discovered that, for the most part, Prepar 3D is much more accessible with screen readers regarding its interface over the older FSX.

I still have my MCE FSX version on here. The one downside to Prepar over FSX right now as it doesn't have a diverse group of aircraft by default.

I've got the A2A C172 here and FSX Pilot won't run a takeoff routine. I'm hoping that's because Prepar is starting it cold and dark, so that's where MCE can come in.

Until I can find aircraft I'd want to fly, can I somehow have both versions installed? The only thing holding me back right now is that I don't have a Cessna to fly on PVA, such as the Caravan. The C182 should be okay, but are there any flows available for these A2A aircraft?

Thanks.

Sure you can.

Un-install MCE via Windows Control Panel.

Download latest version

Install MCE so it can put the required dlls in P3D installation folder.

Set "Prepar3D.exe" to run as administrator.

Then run the app wizard quickly Windows menu Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Run app wizard. No need for speech training.

You can exit the wizard as soon as it starts.

Then run either FSX or P3D, start MCE and it will connect to whatever sim is running.