Sign in to follow this  
dbrooke

Flight Factor 757 V2

I am thinking about getting the 757 by Flight Factor, does the new version still work OK with MCE?

WW4959.png

Hello  Well I finally treated myself to the 757 extended -  I have found one function that is not recognised - that is the 'APU generator  on '  command.  It doesn't work from the test in Voxscript either.   Thank You

Edited by dbrooke

WW4959.png

16 hours ago, dbrooke said:

Hello  Well I finally treated myself to the 757 extended -  I have found one function that is not recognised - that is the 'APU generator  on '  command.  It doesn't work from the test in Voxscript either.   Thank You

Is the apu command not recognized or just FO not activating the switch?

Just to make sure MCE is identifying latest incarnation of FF 757 V2 correctly, set "Debug=1" in "xpmce.ini", restart MCE and either post a screenshot of the gathered information (displayed in dialog box) or send it to support.

Thank you

Hi The command is not recognised at all.  I can speak the command or use the  test function in Voxscript and no text appears in the top left. I assume he doesn't understand what I am saying at all.  I can't seem to post images here. So will send the Screenshot by Email.  Actually, when the command comes up in the flow, the writing top left says command does not seem to exist.

Best Dudley

Edited by dbrooke

WW4959.png

Hi I have tried with the Flight Factor 767 and the command works.  Might be relevant as they are so similar.  

Dudley

WW4959.png

1 hour ago, dbrooke said:

Actually, when the command comes up in the flow, the writing top left says command does not seem to exist.

Best Dudley

Received screenshot via e-mail.

Can't see a reason why MCE wouldn't recognize it as the 757 from FlightFacto.

Try these commands

launch apu

"eicas show engines", "eicas display status", "yaw damper on/off"

Is it saying "command doesn't appear to exist?

Do you have variants of the 757 V2 aircraft and do all of them report same information you submitted?

Hi I have 3 variants, response is the same from them all.  'Launch APU' is not recognised.   The other three commands all work. Thanks Dudley

WW4959.png

16 hours ago, dbrooke said:

Hi I have 3 variants, response is the same from them all.  'Launch APU' is not recognised.   The other three commands all work. Thanks Dudley

Just a reminder, if you happen to be editing flows in Notepad, all commands must be written in lowercase.

Make sure you update MCE to latest version

We'll take it from there once issue is confirmed present in latest.

I edit flows in Voxscript normally.  I have that version installed.  OK thanks.

WW4959.png

On 7/7/2020 at 2:39 PM, dbrooke said:

I edit flows in Voxscript normally.  I have that version installed.  OK thanks.

Download this patch

Manually replace files as per folder structure. 

Report back. Thanks

I am sorry to say the CP is still ignoring the APU generator command with all the new files.

Edited by dbrooke

WW4959.png

4 hours ago, dbrooke said:

I am sorry to say the CP is still ignoring the APU generator command with all the new files.

In that case, one possible explanation, MCE isn't identifying 757 V2 correctly.

Try these specific commands that are only enabled when 757/767 or aircraft that have fuel dump systems are detected.

"open left wing fuel nozzle"

"close right wing fuel nozzle"

If it says "command doesn't seem to exist...", then it's definitely the issue.

In that case, carefully re-run the "Debug=1" option, making sure you're loading the new 757 V2 variant before starting MCE and re-send the screenshot.

Previous one didn't show anything that could have broken aircraft identification.

But then, when you consider X-Plane devs edit text using Mac tools, you don't know what's lurking out there. 

Are you comfortable opening the plane in "PlaneMaker"?

Hi Gerald 

I have run MCE and issued the two commands you suggested, both were recognised.  I shall send the debug dialog via Email.  I am a complete novice with Planemaker. 

WW4959.png

I have noted that on the 757 the APU displays fail by the switch, on the 767 there is no fail sign and all proceeds correctly. 

WW4959.png