Sign in to follow this  
Philipljung

How do you setup fsuipc4 for Pmdg 738 ngx?

Hi, i think this problem has something to do with the aircraft so let’s get right on point! I have the pmdg737-800 and fsuipc4 and fsxse, I want to make mouse macros because I want to make an overhead panel for my home cockpit. The thing that SHOULD happen is that I click on a switch on the overhead in fsx and then it pops up a green bar with text where you can type in the name of the switch and afterwards you can combine this function to a keyboard key (keyboard overhead) and you live happy ever after...... but that doesnt happen to me, this is what happens:. I click on create mouse macros and I just hover over the switch I want to program the green bar on the top appears but the text is just flashing white and red, and if I then press the switch and try to write the name of the function, all that happens is that the letters I write pop up in 0,1 seconds but disappears right after. So basically, I can’t setup mouse macros. I really need help with this because I am planning on making a home cockpit and then i need to use fsuipc for assigning different switches to the fsxse switches. Another question: I have just bought the saitek switch panel, but this is designed for cessnas and doesn’t work on the Pmdg 738ngx. Can I use fsuipc to assign these switches to something else than the standard functions so I can use it for Pmdg? Thanks!

So you use a third party program, it doesn‘t do what you expect it to do and your conclusion is, that it is the 737‘s fault? May I ask why? If you have issues using FSUIPC, why do you come to PMDG and not to Peter Dowson?

I‘ve never tried to use mouse macros but I normally use FSUIPC‘s button assignments to assign the airplanes‘ functions to any buttons on my controls. 

I‘m not sure and can‘t check now but I think there‘s a cockpit builder sdk somewhere in the PMDG folder or on the pmdg website?

I have contacted pete dowson, and the reason why i think it is the 737s fault is because pete told me that i have to connect fsuipc to pmdg manually. The reason why i want to make mouse macros is because: see 9:47 to about 11:00.

Pretty impressive (and thank you for the little tutorial, you gave me some nice ideas for my own setup :D) 

I think you would be better to file a ticket on their support page so that the "pros" can work with you. Altough I'm not sure why the 737 should suppress the green text bar, when using FS2Crew it is shown fine on my side.

okay, im glad i helped you out! I will just keep trying and hope for the best. btw, it wasnt me on the video though, it was just another guy with a great setup that i am trying to copy, (almost there) just need fsuipc to work.

I'm curious ..... you are using fsuipc payware ?

that advice from pete is not what I'd expect unless .....

for now, cheers

john martin