Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philipljung

Prepar3d academic, worth buying

Hi, my name is Philip and I have flight simulation as an active hobby. I fly around 2 hours every day. I use fsxse, Pmdg 737ngx, fsuipc, active sky next and Rex texture direct. I also use a panel, saitek switch panel. I have been thinking about changing platform to Prepar3d, but since it is a lot of money we are talking about here, I would like some honest answers on these questions: thank you

1. Is it worth using 59,99 dollars on in general?

2. Is the academic version a monthly subscription where you get charged every month? I hope it is not.

3. Can I keep my aircraft and all addons or do I have to buy new aircrafts and addons?

4. Is the graphics improved if you compare it to fsx steam edition?

5. How is the games performance in general compared to fsx steam edition? I always struggle on different problems every time I try something new in fsxse, for example glitching and a lot more. That is the main reason i want Prepar3d, because i hope those problems is no longer a problem in p3d.

6. What is the academic version and what is the difference between the version that costs the most?

7. Should I buy the academic version or should I buy one of the other versions? Probably can’t because of the prices but... its a try.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated, please note that I am not that interested in people’s non-honest opinions just to sell me something. 

Thank you very much!

Philip 13 years

1 hour ago, Philipljung said:

Hi, my name is Philip and I have flight simulation as an active hobby. I fly around 2 hours every day. I use fsxse, Pmdg 737ngx, fsuipc, active sky next and Rex texture direct. I also use a panel, saitek switch panel. I have been thinking about changing platform to Prepar3d, but since it is a lot of money we are talking about here, I would like some honest answers on these questions: thank you

1. Is it worth using 59,99 dollars on in general?

2. Is the academic version a monthly subscription where you get charged every month? I hope it is not.

3. Can I keep my aircraft and all addons or do I have to buy new aircrafts and addons?

4. Is the graphics improved if you compare it to fsx steam edition?

5. How is the games performance in general compared to fsx steam edition? I always struggle on different problems every time I try something new in fsxse, for example glitching and a lot more. That is the main reason i want Prepar3d, because i hope those problems is no longer a problem in p3d.

6. What is the academic version and what is the difference between the version that costs the most?

7. Should I buy the academic version or should I buy one of the other versions? Probably can’t because of the prices but... its a try.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated, please note that I am not that interested in people’s non-honest opinions just to sell me something. 

Thank you very much!

Philip 13 years

Questions regarding which version to buy are against the AVSIM TOS. You can go to the P3D website and read the differences between the license options and pick the one most suited to you.

As far as addons go, some addons you can redownload from the manufacturer for free for the P3D version. You’ll just need to check and see which ones you can do this with by visiting the websites that you purchase from. Some like PMDG require repurchase for P3D.

Performance and all the other issues depend upon your computer and what addons you use. There are numerous threads on this here if you search.

Since you’re Topic was largely about which version/license to buy I’m locking the topic as that part is against the rules. If you have additional questions you can start a new topic, however many of the other questions you’ll be able to answer on your own by researching.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator