Sign in to follow this  
GL_64

Strange Nav Display Pop Up Behaviour in VC - P3D v4.3

Hi.

.... or rather kack of it !

After a while into a flight the pilot side ND became unresponsive. I could not 'pop it up' anymore by left clicking, nor could I change the mode or range.

I had swapped a few times between LCD and CRT versions, as it was my first play with it, and was excited like a puppy when his Maser comes home from work.

But the copilot side was just fine and dandy, like a newly blow-dried poodle.

Hope you can help.

Thankyou.

15 minutes ago, GL_64 said:

Hope you can help.

Not strange at all, actually.

Please be sure to read the Introduction Manual:

<sim location>\PMDG\747 Folder\Documentation Folder\ Introduction pdf

In there, it mentions that it does not pop up by default, why this is the case (an oddity in the sim's handling of the pop-up that can cause a sim crash), and how to re-enable it (in the CDU MENU > PMDG SETUP > OPTIONS menus).

Kyle Rodgers

Hi.

Thnx for the reply. I am only a third of the way through the intro, at present.

But, I am confused as to why it popped up at first and suddenly stopped. Also, the other displays (MFD and copilot ND, still popped up OK as well.

Thnx

10 minutes ago, GL_64 said:

But, I am confused as to why it popped up at first and suddenly stopped. Also, the other displays (MFD and copilot ND, still popped up OK as well.

Already answered:

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

In there, it mentions that it does not pop up by default, why this is the case (an oddity in the sim's handling of the pop-up that can cause a sim crash), and how to re-enable it (in the CDU MENU > PMDG SETUP > OPTIONS menus).

Note the use of 'it' and not 'they' as well ('it' referring naturally to the single, referenced DU and not multiple).

Kyle Rodgers

Does a simple question really need a sarcastic lesson in grammar ?

Crikey the rumours were true.

Sorry I asked 'mate' - sarcastic use of  over-familiar noun !

Oh, and having scanned the Introduction document (singular), there is or rather, are, no references to the ND (pilot side) popup, suddenly ceasing to work as intended. Pages 65 to 68 clearly show click spots that ostensibly cause said panel to pop up.

No further reference/s can be found by myself, relating to issues in this regard.

Maybe a better expanation than your original reply may have been more helpful.

.... it would certainly have been more appreciated - given the £100 that I have just spent on this addon - than a sarcastic repost, ala your second post.

I appreciate neither impatience nor sarcasm, as not everyone is as technically brilliant as you clearly are, Sir.

30 minutes ago, GL_64 said:

Does a simple question really need a sarcastic lesson in grammar ?

Crikey the rumours were true.

Sorry I asked 'mate' - sarcastic use of  over-familiar noun !

No, it doesn't...and no lesson was given, sarcastically or otherwise. You asked a question that was already answered by my earlier one, so I explained further exactly how and why the earlier post answered the question.

28 minutes ago, GL_64 said:

Oh, and having scanned the Introduction document (singular), there is or rather, are, no references to the ND (pilot side) popup, suddenly ceasing to work as intended. Pages 65 to 68 clearly show click spots that ostensibly cause said panel to pop up.

No further reference/s can be found by myself, relating to issues in this regard.

Maybe a better expanation than your original reply may have been more helpful.

.... it would certainly have been more appreciated - given the £100 that I have just spent on this addon - than a sarcastic repost, ala your second post.

I appreciate neither impatience nor sarcasm, as not everyone is as technically brilliant as you clearly are, Sir.

You keep referencing it as if it is some sort of improper functioning of the aircraft. If this were the case, then we would not have provided the option. I don't have the Intro in front of me, but it's in there for all of our P3D products because of the reason I specified earlier.

You also keep referencing sarcasm, which is odd because I provided none of it. You have, self-admittedly, but I have not. My posts have been incredibly straightforward:

1. The function is disabled by default,
  2. An option is provided to allow it to function as a normal pop up,
  3. The location is as specified earlier, and, upon receiving a question that was already answered,
  4. Noted that a question had already been answered, and specifically why.

I notice the esq in your signature. Surely you've come across legal language that, in no uncertain terms, specifies exactly, into nauseating detail, how and why something is laid out the way it is. That being the case, I find it odd that my own addition of detail seems to have been taken with so much offense.

Pertaining to your point about a better explanation, are you asserting that you were unable to find a relevant option in CDU MENU > PMDG SETUP > OPTIONS menus.

...and to your final point, the impatience and sarcasm are implied only by yourself. All I provided was facts. No additional narration. No emotion. Just facts. All rather briefly, I might add.

Now, it is my opinion that if you find facts to be offensive, then I would argue that you need to re-evaluate things.

It is my opinion, though arguable as a fact that, had you looked into the menu structure that I had specified in the very first post, you would have seen the solution, your question would have been answered, and there would have been no need for me to follow up with something you have apparently taken offense to.

Now, since sarcasm was thrown in my direction, I will return it in kind:

I have no further questions, and since I was apparently assigned the role of prosecutor in that I'm apparently being offensive, I will now yield to the defense for reply.

Kyle Rodgers

Oh, now I actually waded through your convoluted post, in an effort to extract any usegul information, it does appear that completely missed my point.

The popups ARE set to popup, but one.... just one (the Pilot's PFD), suddenly froze up).

My first post did make this clear.

Now, I have patients to see, some of whome, are no doubt scarred by interactions with self-important, obnoxious twits, like you.

Calm down... no need to be pouty. 

This forum is extremely unclear for one reason: people ask the same questions nearly every week. 1, 2 maybe 3 pages back there is very likely minimum 1 thread with the same question you asked. The search would have revealed a lot more, probably. Kyle „has to“ answer these questions over and over and over again and while he could use predefined answers he prefers to communicate on a more personal way. If you don‘t like his way to write, okay... but your reaction is really unnecessary. He could have said „RTFM“ and still directed you to the solution. First hand. If you need some cookies to feel like a king... ah sry, sarcasm... internet, man, don‘t be so thin skinned. Shoot back, stay polite and have fun. We all have the same hobby. 

Edit: editing should actually work. Maybe you need a min count of posts, I don‘t know. Not PMDG‘s fault.

Edited by Ephedrin