Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

Descent problem

I just re-installed voxatc vs 7.41.Did a flight lege-cle35 lecd. ATC told me to descend way too late .So late not even an f-16 could have descendedand make it without going around. I  went missed and the minute I did and clicked on the menu (cant recall the number) vox told me to go around,gave me altidue and hdg and  fatal error disable  voxtatc appeared. I did the same flight again and the same thing  happened again.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks

See the suggestion by DrumsArt. If this doesn't work, try naming the variable "DescentRatioValue" without the space. One of them should work.

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

See the suggestion by DrumsArt. If this doesn't work, try naming the variable "DescentRatioValue" without the space. One of them should work.

Thanks Jay. Tried  drumsart suggestion. What happened is that instead of giving me late descent instructions  atc told me I was cleared for visual approach about 22 or 25 nm away from the airport. No way way to get vectors even if i went around. if you want to try yourself  the route is ->>>lege-cle35 lecd

Edited by MindYerBeak

I tried that flightplan (nice terrain BTW:biggrin:) and I got the same result. Let me take a look at LECD with ADE to see if I can figure out what's going on.

UPDATE:

The stock LECD has no  non-visual approaches. It has a TOWER frequency, but it"s named TWR, which is odd, because the name is usually the airport name. Navigraph shows the same frequency as type RADIO. fsaerodata shows it as type MULTICOM. In any case, VOXATC is correct, there is no working tower, only a visual approach with no tower ATC.

Do you have a 3rd party version of LECD installed, like for example Akesoft?

Edited by jabloomf1230
Update

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Do you have a 3rd party version of LECD installed, like for example Akesoft?

Nope.nothng. wasn't I supposed to get vectors? The first time I got them but the descent  instructions were  off and the program basically crashed  when I went around...

3 minutes ago, MindYerBeak said:

Nope.nothng. wasn't I supposed to get vectors? The first time I got them but the descent  instructions were  off and the program basically crashed  when I went around...

Do you have ADE installed? If so, can can you open the stock LECD and look at the comm list? I'm assuming that you don't have fsaerodata installed either.

5 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Do you have ADE installed? If so, can can you open the stock LECD and look at the comm list? I'm assuming that you don't have fsaerodata installed either.

I did install ADE now. The comms are LECD  Multicomm LaCeranya 123.500 and  tower TWR 123.500.That's it.

Let me think about it some more. Do you know offhand if LECD has an active control tower in real life? I looked at a few websites but  I couldn't tell if it did or not.

4 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Let me think about it some more. Do you know offhand if LECD has an active control tower in real life? I looked at a few websites but  I couldn't tell if it did or not.

Your original statement was correct. Currently, ForeFlight shows only La Cerdanya Radio on 123.5 for this airport. No other communications are available in real life. 

Edited by Mad_Mac
Typo

2 hours ago, Mad_Mac said:

Your original statement was correct. Currently, ForeFlight shows only La Cerdanya Radio on 123.5 for this airport. No other communications are available in real life. 

Thanks. I suspect that the bogus tower frequency might have caused the crash problem described by the OP, but unless it reoccurs for him, I wouldn't create an updated airport with ADE that deletes the tower frequency. fsaerodata already has the airport's comms matching the real world, so no change is needed for fsaerodata users.

The problem I'm having with this route (lege-cle35 lecd) is voxatc either tells me go to visual (no option to ask for vectors) or it just  gives me weird vectors. Instead of vectoring me around the mountains and throu the valley it tells me to fly over the mountain and basically has me nose-dive f-16 trying to land.which of course is not possible ?