Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

MCE - FO slow in PMDG 737 NGX P3D v4.3

Hi - I have noticed that on the NGX the FO when executing flows flips switches rather slowly, takes time, even when there are no pause/delays in the script.

is this on purpose or can he be made to hurry up a bit 😀

Checklist ist reading speed is fine, only execution of flows.

especially flicking overhead switches during before start, before text etc.

I was hoping other users could chime in and confirm whether everyone is affected.

It does happen from time to time, and is difficult to pinpoint the root cause.

Voxscript is basically a "speech simulator". When it gets to the next command, it submits it to the speech engine, then has to wait for speech reco to happen before moving to next command.

It could be linked to a possible high load on your CPU cores, or maybe you are using affinity masks and such preventing speech engine from using all the CPU power it needs.

Be aware, MCE runs the speech engine inside "mce.exe". Best to let Windows manage resources and give it the CPU time it needs as soon as it needs it.

It's not that the speech engine will use vast amounts of CPU, more like being able to do what it has to for a millisecond or so without waiting while other system threads are chocking the CPU.

Are you using affinity masks, Lasso or things like that?

On 17 August 2018 at 2:56 AM, FS++ said:

I was hoping other users could chime in and confirm whether everyone is affected.

It does happen from time to time, and is difficult to pinpoint the root cause.

Voxscript is basically a "speech simulator". When it gets to the next command, it submits it to the speech engine, then has to wait for speech reco to happen before moving to next command.

It could be linked to a possible high load on your CPU cores, or maybe you are using affinity masks and such preventing speech engine from using all the CPU power it needs.

Be aware, MCE runs the speech engine inside "mce.exe". Best to let Windows manage resources and give it the CPU time it needs as soon as it needs it.

It's not that the speech engine will use vast amounts of CPU, more like being able to do what it has to for a millisecond or so without waiting while other system threads are chocking the CPU.

Are you using affinity masks, Lasso or things like that?

Hi Gerald - yes I use an AffinityMask=244. I7-7700 4.9GHz with HT ON.

I find when I request FO response is immediate, it just voxscript execution is slow. Is there a built in timer/delay between executing commands?.

i see this behaviour mostly with the NGX.

I will call the flow and check my cpu utilisation to see if I am maxing it at that point.

Will report back, will also try different affinity masks.

Edited by ozflyer