Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Basic help for a Pilot2ATC shopper

Hi

I'm currently thinking of buying this product as it lists many features I want on its website, although the videos people have created don't generally show what I'm interested in. Basically :

1. Does it get data from Navigraph? I currently have that subscription and xplane is up to date, will that effect Pilot2ATC? 
  2. I generally like to fly the aircraft with something that talks to the ATC, so is there a feature that talks to atc, responds (or I can get it to respond) and then carry out some things - mainly changing frequencies, squark codes, etc
  3. Does it generally work with 3rd party aircraft? 
  4. I am now using World Traffic, does it manage their AI flights as well as mine? 

Is really appreciate it if someone can help with this stuff. 
Thanks, 
Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Gaz,

1) Yes.  Either Navigraph or NavDataPro.

2) Yes, there is a copilot that manages the radio frequencies and responds to ATC.  For requests initiated from the cockpit, there is a SayIt feature that allows you to select a phrase to say and have the copilot say it.  The copilot does not change squawk codes or perform non radio related duties.

3) Yes.  There may be variations from one to another and some 3rd party aircraft may not support standard FSUIPC protocols, so some functions may have to be done in the cockpit, but generally, it supports most 3rd party aircraft.

4) World Traffic, and all other AI engines control the movements of their aircraft.  Otherwise, what would they do.  In general, P2A interacts with you and can alert you when AI Aircraft are nearby, in front of you, etc.  In the case of WT3, you can set it up to use the X-Plane AI Aircraft and in that case, P2A can see and interact with them.  There's a pinned topic in this forum on this subject.

Thanks for your interest.  Give the trial a try!

Dave

Thanks, I appreciate it! 

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook