Sign in to follow this  
jt233

Making my own repaint.

Hello, so recently I decided to download the paint kit for the 747 so I could start trying to make my own livery's. I followed a video on youtube which was for the 777  and was able to figure out how to do it. I started by making a simple unmarked version of the 747-400erf  in all white so that I can pretend to do test flights and such and was able to load it in P3D I used the text tool to add a registration number to the exterrior but that's it. Now I want to make a new livery that has color on it but not sure how to do that in Photoshop. So can anyone familiar with repainting tell me what's the best tool in PS to select an area of the plane and fill it in with a color or point to a tutorial that tells you how to do it. For example I was thinking about making a livery which had 1 color on  the top half and another on the bottom.

Thanks

Edited by jt233

Jason Thiers

You were able to make a white livery and made registrations on that.
Now is the question how do I make colored parts on that plane.

When you are able to use the text-tool to put a registration on the texture you must be able to bring colors on it too.

How to do that?
Frankly said thats not a specific question for this forum .

Its all about having the knowledge and skills to work with your paintingprogram.
Painting with layers ( without it won`t really work) , filters, setting opacity and so on.
There are many paintingprograms , expensive payware like Photoshop and freeware like GIMP.
My advisse is to search the internet for information about working with your paintingprogram and learn how it works.
Might sound odd  , give it a try , take a picture from a meadow and a picture of a horse and try to make a picture showing the horse in the meadow as natural as possible.
Every learning-curve has a starting-point.
Its the same as in music , do not start trying to give a piano-concert,   learn what the black and white keys are for and start extremely simple. (pedals come later) 

In the Painting FAQ you`ll find various information about tools and specific sim-pant issues.
On this forum we try to give answers to specific sim-painting questions.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Quick tutorial I did, nothing fancy but it should get you going:

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks for your contribution.
BUT!

For you its simple and for me too.
As explanation for a starting painter it might be still adacadabra.
It goes very fast and it assumes jt233 to be already a bit  familiar with layers and tools.
Many starting painters have no idea about this stuff.

Its better to begin at the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOTYT1P9z0w

The internet is floaded with painting tutorias.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

13 hours ago, Chock said:

Quick tutorial I did, nothing fancy but it should get you going:

Thanks I will take a look at the video. The tutorials i found on YouTube didn't really show much about how to add colors to specific parts of the plane. I figured it would be easier if I could find a tutorial that was specific to making repaints.

Jason Thiers