Sign in to follow this  
Jim Robinson

List of airport codes and names wanted

Guest sixstringboy

I know I can use TTools 'Collect Airports' to generate a list of airport codes from FS9, but it doesn't have the actual airport names.I'd like to have the list available outside of FS9 for using with, for example, AciteSky.Does anyone know if there is a way to do this, or a utility that could do it?Matt

Guest sixstringboy

>Here's a list I found using yahoo search:>>http://www.airport-technology.com/icao%2Dcodes/>>It's an A-Z listing of ICAO codes. Hope this helps!Thanks for the link, but I was looking for the whole list in one file.Still, this will come in handy.Matt

For FS2004 - this file in the library should be what you want - fs9apt_air.zipThere was also one which had all the runways listed - length and width - but I can't find it right now.

Guest sixstringboy

>For FS2004 - this file in the library should be what you want>- fs9apt_air.zip>>There was also one which had all the runways listed - length>and width - but I can't find it right now.Just what I needed!Many thanks :)Matt

Also, if you use FSNav there should be an "ICAO.txt" file in the ModulesFSnav folder (or somewhere in there) that has airport names listed. I've used it a couple times to figure out an AI flight plan or something when I didn't want to wait for the sim to load.Jim

Guest garwig2

>...There was also one which had all the runways listed - length>and width - ...You're probably talking about fs9_airports.zip by Winfried Orthman. Very thorough list, I refer to it regularly.-Gary Letona

Guest sixstringboy

>Also, if you use FSNav there should be an "ICAO.txt" file in>the ModulesFSnav folder (or somewhere in there) that has>airport names listed. I've used it a couple times to figure>out an AI flight plan or something when I didn't want to wait>for the sim to load.>>JimJust so I'm clear you mean FSNav and not FSNavigator?I was wondering whether a 3rd-party flight planner would significantly enhance FS9. I certainly enjoyed using FSNavigator with FS2K.Would an add-on change ATC for example?I've no 'real world' flying experience so I'm looking to make FS9 'As real as it gets' (finances and hardware permitting of course).Matt

>Just so I'm clear you mean FSNav and not FSNavigator?Hi Matt, actually I did mean FSNavigator. If you owned a registered copy for FS2K, I think you should be able to download the latest version and use your existing key to unlock it for use with FS2004. Not sure about the FS2K version, but I know I originally bought a copy for FS2002 and didn't have to buy it again when I upgraded to FS2004. FSNav has no effect on ATC that I know of.If you just want the ICAO.txt file, I'm sure the trial version would create that for you. Install it and run the database creator then check your "ModulesFSNavigatorBin" (I think?) folder. It's a great add-on though, definitely worth the money. I think I'd give up my joystick before I'd give up FSNav :) .Jim