Sign in to follow this  
Will273

Aileron & Rudder

Found the problem...fuel imbalance. Thought I was on top of that but must have missed something. Sorry for all the fuss and now the fun starts!

28 minutes ago, Will273 said:

Found the problem...fuel imbalance. Thought I was on top of that but must have missed something. Sorry for all the fuss and now the fun starts!

I have a couple of add-on aircraft where I have to switch tanks manually or go into fuel and payload and do an in flight fuel adjustment.  I do love the realism though and makes landings more of a challenge.  Anything that makes a landing a challenge for rudder input, like variable winds especially, I love because it reminds me of flying in the Allegro 2000 and other aircraft I have landed.  With a trike you come in crabbed but best not to have crosswinds lest you drop a wing and brush the ground with it.  I love trikes because the feedback with the wind is in your arms at all time, much like a car with finely weighted steering, good road/sky feel.  Some fixed wing aircraft I have flown, especially the Luscombe, are that way.  Flew an Ercoupe once without rudder pedals and I did not like it, coming in so crabbed for the landing I made in it in North Texas.  Add to that, the Ercoupe has terrible useful load, although I was 40 pounds heaver then than I am today, I could probably have no trouble flying one with an average passenger today.  The CFI who went up with me in the Ercoupe was as heavy as I was, and we were over gross.   Nowadays there is a 1320 pound STC for Ercoupes that comply with light sport, increasing their gross weight, but performance is very poor at that weight, low climb rate as I experienced, and sluggish handling as well.

John

Thanks John. The left turn is still there but not as bad as it was and is manageable if I keep an eye on the fuel. Just tried downloading real weather but having trouble leaving the ramp. I steer with the rudder on the ground but as I start moving and want to turn left or right the plane stops moving...like putting the brakes on...it's very wonky for some reason but it doesn't do that if I don't use real weather. I might post in the X Plane section but if you have any suggestions please let me know. I did manage to get in the air and I'll just say I need to have a closer look at the winds next time...not pretty. Sorry for the late reply...I'm hung up on getting this thing to fly right...testing this and that for almost 24/7....yea I know...LOL.