Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

No advantage for buying FSX?

Guest allcott

Oh it's the same old childish speculation, because people know enough to express an opinion, but not enough to express it as fact.Same thing happened with FS2004, and I don't see many posts about FS2002 these days. So we all switched, didn't we?And as for the things we DONT know about FSX. We DONT KNOW, so please refrain from ezxpressing an opinion unless you're one of the development team, in which case post in your blog, or one of the beta team who doesn't mind being in breach of the NDA, in which case tell all.Allcott

"FSX will offer significantly more improvements than any previous release of FS"FSX is only improving Visuals, Multiplayer gaming, and Missions. Everything else is basically the same. Read the preview by Hornit on SimHQ... To put it more correctly FSX is shaping up to be one of the least improved sims in FS history.If there is no major improvement in weather, ATC, and/or FDE (water dynamics for realistic amphibian landings) then you can't compare the advances we've seen in the past.Thanks to sims like Fly and Pro Pilot we saw FS98 improve into FS2000. FS2k2 brought ATC to the table and FS2k4 saw the coming of age of the Virtual Cockpit better flight dynamics and improved ATC. All FSX is giving the hardcore simmer is more of the same. Gamers will like the visuals but nothing much after that is any different than FS9. ATC won't even go as far as to scold you when you fly above 250kts under 10,000ft. No holding patterns when things get busy at airports like KLGA. What improvement is that??? For another $2,000+ and the cost of the sim, ATC will once again vector me into mountains coming into airport like KLAX. I'll have to nose dive into KLAS on approach to 7L or 7R. I guess I'll have better looking mountains to run into or maybe setup a mission for myself where I crash on this approach and have to get rescued by the default Cessna 172...Come on Guys... We saw more going from FS2k2 to FS2k4...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2