Sign in to follow this  
rick_hang

Saving flight plans using the FMC QW 787-9

I have just recently purchased Prepare 3DV4.3 and have copied my QW787 Flight plans from my FSX-SE to my QW 787 Flight plans folder. All is oK I can access these flight plans from the stored flight plans in the FMC.

However,  in Prepare3DV4 when I compile a new Flight Plan in the FMC and save it, the flight plan does not go into the stored flight plans folder. I have 2 other friends with Prepare 3DV4 who have the same problem with saving their compiled flight plans.

I have searched every where in the Prepare 3DV4 folder and cannot locate my flight plans.

By the way, after compiling my flight plan, I save it and the FMC sends a message that the flight plan has been saved. Would greatly appreciate any help please

Richard

2 hours ago, rick_hang said:

I have just recently purchased Prepare 3DV4.3 and have copied my QW787 Flight plans from my FSX-SE to my QW 787 Flight plans folder. All is oK I can access these flight plans from the stored flight plans in the FMC.

However,  in Prepare3DV4 when I compile a new Flight Plan in the FMC and save it, the flight plan does not go into the stored flight plans folder. I have 2 other friends with Prepare 3DV4 who have the same problem with saving their compiled flight plans.

I have searched every where in the Prepare 3DV4 folder and cannot locate my flight plans.

By the way, after compiling my flight plan, I save it and the FMC sends a message that the flight plan has been saved. Would greatly appreciate any help please

Richard

If you use the save function inside the FMC its saved in the QW787 folder. 

Why not just save flight via P3DV4 menu and name the save flight? 

Update. I think i know what you want. Loading a flightplan gives you freedom of the actually situation and weather and so on. 

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thanks Michael

I do save the flight plan inside the fMC, the odd thing is that in FSX-SE I had no problems, all my compiled flights were saved and went into the QW Flight Plans Folder.

However in P3DV4 I am unable to save the flights.  I have 3 other friends who are experiencing the same problem.

I will try saving it into the P3DV4 menu, and I will let you know.

Much appreciated for your time

Regards

Richard

Michael

No luck saving it in the P3DV4 menu is only for flight plans developed in the Flight planner (just word not allowed the FSX-SE flight planner, It does not save a FMC flight plan,  Do you have no problems saving your compiled flight plans? I f you don't have any problems could you let me know your procedure, just in case I am missing out.

Regards

Richard

6 hours ago, rick_hang said:

Michael

No luck saving it in the P3DV4 menu is only for flight plans developed in the Flight planner (just word not allowed the FSX-SE flight planner, It does not save a FMC flight plan,  Do you have no problems saving your compiled flight plans? I f you don't have any problems could you let me know your procedure, just in case I am missing out.

Regards

Richard

Hmm thats strange but again the approach for me is not the same.

What i do is saving the flight via P3D menu and naming it. (EKCHEHAMbeforepushback for instance)

Then i load this flight and load the same name file via the FMC as a panel state(not a flightplan) and the flightplan loads with it.

I dont think this is what you want ?

Update : Sorry - I use PFPX in the first place to direct the flightplan to the QW787 folder and then load it via the FMC

Thanks

Michael Moe  

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Michael

Thanks again for your help. My problem is in the FMC and the Quality Wings Flight Plan Folder. I have 3 other friends who just recently converted to P3DV4 from FSX-SE.

We all just copied and pasted our FSX-SE 787 flight plans into our P3DV4.  All was OK using these flight plans until we decided to make a new flight plan in the FMC.

After compiling the flight plan, I saved it. The FMC gave a message that it was saved eg: YSSYYBBN19.RTE  all looked good.  I flew the flight and it worked great.

Next day I opened up the FMC and wanted to repeat the flight again.  After clicking on REQUEST, my flight plan was not in the stored flight plans. I also checked the QW/787/Flight plans Folder and it was not there.

Michael, I have ran this procedure many, many times to no avail, In FSX-SE I had no problems at all.

The Flight planner in P3DV4 is not linked to the FMC flight plan.

I have deleted P3DV4 3 times and no luck.

Many Thanks for your time, it is greatly appreciated. I am at a dead end

Regards

Richard