Sign in to follow this  
Samany69

Thank you PMDG

ok now ...

While many people are RW pilots or RW aviators or in the industry anyway, I am glad to post a small bit of info that makes me happy to announce... Posting after Quite a while, Here I am to say thanks to PMDG again while I had some time to run some of beautiful PMDG products again.... Proud to say that they are as they are supposed to be .... I've mentioned it before that I'm a certified Aircraft Maintenance Engineer and lately I've been working and doing alot of tasks on the 737, and Just a day ago, while I received my task card from our Task manager, I just had the maintenance Manual to look over and get proper and relevant pages printed to start the job, So I noticed something that is sooooooooooooooooooo small in details and Made me just like "can't wait to get home" to do a "very harsh yet so small in depth of the details" test on the PMDG 737 ... I'm a big PMDG lover, but before I get Home, I was thinking "OK , I know PMDG did the best of the best in simulating the planes, but this one is a no Go" and I was not expecting a simulation this time at all ! But hey ... PMDG has done it ! ... 

For those who may ask what is the detail that I'm talking about, here is a bit of info in a simple way of understanding:

in the 737 , while having the PDP #2 turned on and the rest of EDPs and PDPs off, The Trim wheel of the THS in the cockpit is supposed to work on two different speeds. With the Flaps fully Retracted, They are on slow mode, With the flaps set to 1 or any position but not Retracted, They will Operate on Fast mode. This is damn good in simulation. I'm sure not everyone around the Simulation universe, is aware of such details...... Thank You PMDG team. Thank you Rob.

Once Again " Thank you PMDG, You guys are the BEST " 💓

Best Regards
-S. Mahdi Abadi

Edited by Samany69
adding some more text.
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

That's awesome!  20 years ago I wouldn't have expected system modeling would ever reach this level of detail.  One of the best things about PMDG is that they have forced other aircraft sims to "up their game".

Mark Trainer

• Like 2

I've been a PMDG customer since the "Fly" and "Fly2" days. Their products have always been very good and ahead of their time. My background is a recently retired 40 years RW pilot. Thanks as well. Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtrainer said:

That's awesome!  20 years ago I wouldn't have expected system modeling would ever reach this level of detail.  One of the best things about PMDG is that they have forced other aircraft sims to "up their game".

Mark Trainer

Yes, That really is lovely, well 20 years I myself wasn't but a kid yet I can't believe that people who do serious sim'ing can actually compete with RW Pilots...

Best Regards
-S 

Edited by Samany69

1 minute ago, dbw1 said:

My background is a recently retired 40 years RW pilot.

It is lovely to see You here Sir. Wish I can use your info and experience any time.

Best Regards.

-S.

4 minutes ago, Samany69 said:

It is lovely to see You here Sir. Wish I can use your info and experience any time.

Best Regards.

-S.

I was more of what would be considered a "blue collar" pilot....LOL. I did some regional airline stuff many years ago (HS748 & Saab340) but left it to do forest fire suppression in a Canadair CL215 water bomber and Cessna 310 bird dog. That was interesting flying. Never got into any Boeing or Airbus products. Did a number of turbo props and before them helicopters for 17 years +/-. I really like the PMDG, FSL, Maddog etc as I get a chance to experience aircraft I never got my hands on in real life......Then there is DCS......

Dave

• Like 1

For a moment i was hoping they were working on the MD-11...

*hides under a rock*

Edited by Nuno Pinto

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Yep, I still have the Fly and Fly2 boxes in a big box in the garage, I've managed to part with lots of ancient (and I might add, at the time expensive) software, but for now I've decided to keep the flight sim stuff.  I keep here at my primary FS desk, on the overhead, the original Flight Simulator II by Sublogic box, with the manual in it.  Lost the disk eons ago (loaned it out, like most of my DVDs this stuff never comes back) unfortunately, not that I could do much with it anymore as my Commodore 64 was sold in the 80s to buy the Commodore 128, which turned out to be a bit of a waste of money as it didn't really offer much more.  The Amiga 2000 though, rocked.  For all the advances over the years in Flight Simulation, the biggest was going from FS II Sublogic C64 to Microsoft's version for the Commodore Amiga which at the time introduced graphics as a ground breaking and forevermore built-in aspect of the PC, and also introduced a true multiprocessing/multithreaded environment in a operating system I believe was called Intuition.

Stopping here before I go down the historical road any further.

Mark Trainer

• Like 2