Sign in to follow this  
lidorx7

help with dynamic sky textures

im using both ENVTEX and ASCA, and i know they can provide dynamic sky texture, i cant make it work. 

in the past i installed set of textures from the library and since then, it seem like it doesn't matter what im doing, i cant get the dynamic sky again,

what i can do to make it work? 

and if both ASCA and ENVTEX are dynamic, who is responsible for sky ? 

you might check the tabs wx planning/ weather mode and make sure it is set to dynamic. Some certain circumstances used to turn off dynamic and you wouldn't be aware of it

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Be sure you have ASCA linked in the EVEDIR app.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

4 hours ago, lidorx7 said:

im using both ENVTEX and ASCA, and i know they can provide dynamic sky texture, i cant make it work. 

in the past i installed set of textures from the library and since then, it seem like it doesn't matter what im doing, i cant get the dynamic sky again,

what i can do to make it work? 

and if both ASCA and ENVTEX are dynamic, who is responsible for sky ?  

You might want to check this post: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/528328-rex-sky-force-3d-with-active-sky-asca-envtex-tutorial/

And only ASCA is dynamic. You can sort of import ENVTEX textures into P3D/ASCA and then ASCA will use those textures dynamically (in combination with Active Sky).