Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

P3D v4.3 not responding then CTD

Every so often I get a P3D Not Responding message and then a CTD.

I am trying to eliminate possibilities. This last time it occured when I was zooming out of the aircraft looking ahead at a landmark using my ChasePlane preset axis for zoom. Just wondering if this may have been a ChasePlane issue?

Here is the Windows Log Report.

The program Prepar3D.exe version 4.3.29.25520 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 34ac
 Start Time: 01d44a4ecb67a61a
 Termination Time: 54
 Application Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
 Report Id: 5137ac7c-55f6-47f7-bdc6-9b9918a0183a
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

ChasePlane itself is not capable of crashing the simulator. There must be something else in your sim or a bad Nvidia driver causing this crash after a change to the viewport.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

22 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

ChasePlane itself is not capable of crashing the simulator. There must be something else in your sim or a bad Nvidia driver causing this crash after a change to the viewport.

Thanks Keven, I will review further - just going thru process of elimination.

Regards, Dane

Hello guys,

I thought something was up as well. It seems to happen to me when I'm closer to the ground (Typically when performing a SID). Of course at lower altitudes I try to take advantage of the scenery. I will get a freeze and then a crash of Prepar3d. The log that has been generate doesn't seem to have anything to do with Chaseplane. I don't know how the function of ai_player.dll but this error points to the file.

See below:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: ai_player.dll, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3261
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000004f179
Faulting process id: 0xb6c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d45aa828666ed4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ai_player.dll
Report Id: b856472c-49c2-42e0-a984-fe54d318b244

29 minutes ago, manawar said:

Hello guys,

I thought something was up as well. It seems to happen to me when I'm closer to the ground (Typically when performing a SID). Of course at lower altitudes I try to take advantage of the scenery. I will get a freeze and then a crash of Prepar3d. The log that has been generate doesn't seem to have anything to do with Chaseplane. I don't know how the function of ai_player.dll but this error points to the file.

See below:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: ai_player.dll, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3261
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000004f179
Faulting process id: 0xb6c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d45aa828666ed4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ai_player.dll
Report Id: b856472c-49c2-42e0-a984-fe54d318b244

I do not believe it has anything to do with ChasePlane. My original posting on CP was me going through a process of elimination.

I still have this problem but it is ONLY with one aircraft - Carenado C208B and ONLY when I launch the saved flight from the Prepar3D Scenario screen, it does not CTD when I launch from within The Prepar3D Load Scenario screen.

I and the P3D Lockheed Martin forum have spent many postings and checking to try and solve this issue - no luck.  I have now approached Carenado with this problem.  Here is my post with Lockheed Martin - P3D v4.3 - CTD at loading one aircraft  - http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=130995

This problem is really strange.

Regards, Dane