Sign in to follow this  
trisho0

FSDT KJFK weird PMDG 777 Cockpit

Hello to all …. I have an issue with PMDG 777 cockpit, cabin. After loaded the T7 in FSX sim with FSDT KJFK airport Gate A-223 and some others gates the Cabin shows weird object. It looks like an object layer is mounted in the plane Cabin cockpit. Other gates as 432 and S225 doesn't have the issue. I didn't change anything from the sim panel and/or configurations. I posted my question in FSDT forum as well to find if someone has this issue and an idea where to go.

1CY9b0j.jpg

CnzWLSK.jpg

Patricio Valdes

1 minute ago, trisho0 said:

I have an issue with PMDG 777 cockpit, cabin. After loaded the T7 in FSX sim with FSDT KJFK airport Gate A-223 and some others gates the Cabin shows weird object. It looks like an object layer is mounted in the plane Cabin cockpit. Other gates as 432 and S225 doesn't have the issue. I didn't change anything from the sim panel and/or configurations. I posted my question in FSDT forum as well to find if someone has this issue and an idea where to go.

I somewhat answered your question in the other thread you posted in.

With the new image here, I can see that one shows "Sky Chefs." This is a catering truck. Looks like your aircraft is parked where a catering truck is. Look in your external view. See anything weird?

Kyle Rodgers

Just went to their site to pull up images of their JFK product. It is indeed one of the catering trucks included in the scenery, at many of the gates (but not all of them).

Given that the problem only occurred at some of the gates, and not all of them, it would follow that it had something to do with position, and therefore the scenery - not the airplane. A quick check of the external view would've shown this to you.

Not to be gruff, but taking a few seconds or a few minutes to do a little bit of your own research would likely solve a lot of the issues you come across. This one would've easily been solved by switching to external view and looking around - taking all of maybe 10 seconds. Instead, it seems that this remained unsolved at the very least between your post yesterday and into today.

We're here to help, of course, but do keep in mind that, occasionally, a little bit of ground work on your own will save you a ton of time (about a day, in this case).

Here's one of those trucks (middle bottom near the roadway and taxiway) :

sc2.jpg

Edited by scandinavian13

Kyle Rodgers

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:50 AM, scandinavian13 said:

I somewhat answered your question in the other thread you posted in.

With the new image here, I can see that one shows "Sky Chefs." This is a catering truck. Looks like your aircraft is parked where a catering truck is. Look in your external view. See anything weird?

Yes it is a catering truck outside and I don't see nothing that could create the view problem.

I saw your screenshot of the airport and you are right, I will do some research myself. Many thanks for your advice and help. I will get back here if I find something.

Edited by trisho0
editing

Patricio Valdes

7 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Yes it is a catering truck outside and I don't see nothing that could create the view problem.

The catering truck is literally inside of the plane.

Take your plane. Put it in slew mode, and slowly move it forward so that it passes into the terminal. You'll note weird issues there, too.

Because you've placed the plane at a gate that it doesn't belong at (the gate you referenced is for an A320), the catering truck is in the wrong spot, and is therefore "puncturing" the flight deck, causing your view problem. To be honest, I'm not quite sure how this couldn't cause a view problem...

Kyle Rodgers

8 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

The catering truck is literally inside of the plane.

Take your plane. Put it in slew mode, and slowly move it forward so that it passes into the terminal. You'll note weird issues there, too.

Because you've placed the plane at a gate that it doesn't belong at (the gate you referenced is for an A320), the catering truck is in the wrong spot, and is therefore "puncturing" the flight deck, causing your view problem. To be honest, I'm not quite sure how this couldn't cause a view problem...

Well the Gate A223 is for large plane but from some reason it doesn't show such weird view now. I did place the T7 in other gate which is not for a large bird and yes, the cabin shows weird object "injected". Then I push back the plane and such object disappeared. So, you are right, the problem is caused by the scenery and not from the plane. This view issue so far I found only in FSDT KJFK (lol). I posted a question about this and not cleared for me yet. I have to wait to see if the scenery can be improved. I tried the T7 in other scenery as Flytampa and Aerosoft to recreate this issue and all fine at the moment. KJFK from FSDT needs attention. PMDG 777 still perfect!!

Patricio Valdes

16 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

To be honest, I'm not quite sure how this couldn't cause a view problem...

by activating collision detection 😜

KJFK from FSDT needs attention.

No. Your understanding does. Read what Kyle wrote. If you park one of the biggest airplanes in the world at a gate that is designed for airplanes half its size you will run into issues. In your sim it's graphical issues. In reality you just wouldn't fit in there. 

If you had an A380 you couldn't even use most heavy gates. Size matters in aviation quite a lot.. And a 777 with a length of 64/74 meters and a wing span of 60 meters needs a bit of space. 

Edited by Ephedrin

Yes I learned that I shouldn't park with a larger plane in a small spot. Thanks to all Pilots from here and from FSDT support this thread can be useful for other beginners as I.

Patricio Valdes