Sign in to follow this  
PinkPony

RADIO ALT ABOVE ADI - BUG - FIXED ? [B744/8]

Hi PMDG team,

As you know I submitted a ticket a year back, regarding the current RADIO ALT ABOVE ADI (OFF) behavior/bug. 

When RADIO ALT ABOVE ADI is set to ON, the RADIO/BARO minumums display correctly. 

1. RADIO altimiter located above of the ADI- CORRECT

2. RADIO minumums display above the ADI (and above the RADIO altimeter) - CORRECT

KC0zu6P.png

3. BARO minumums display below the ADI  - CORRECT

La8M4OI.png

However, when RADIO ALT ABOVE ADI is selected OFF, the RADIO/BARO minimum display partially incorrectly. 

1. RADIO altimeter located on the ADI - CORRECT

2. RADIO minimums display below the ADI  - CORRECT

rQmYsRw.png

3. BARO minumums display below the ADI  - INCORRECT (as you know, they should be displaying above the ADI with his option).  

TbVv2dH.png

In summary: The RADIO/BARO minimums should switch locations with each other, when RADIO ALT ABOVE ADI is set to OFF. (see below the correct layout)

FCOM: RADIO ALT ABOVE ADI - ON - CORRECT

KxxteMt.png

FCOM: RADIO ALT ABOVE ADI - OFF - CORRECT

UPO26rx.png

While most B744/8 operators have RADIO ALT ABOVE ADI set to ON (Lufthansa, Cathay, Atlas Air, British Airways, Singapore Airlines, KLM, etc.), there are also many that selected it OFF (United Airlines, Qatar Airways, Cargolux, China Airlines, Polar Air Cargo, etc.). 

I know the B744 update and B748 release is still in beta, but would it be possible to confirm if this minor bug is fixed in the upcoming release (whenever that may be) ? 

Thank you!

Edited by calzonister

1 hour ago, harvester21 said:

I guess you will find out soon enough either way.

I hope. Whichever B748 beta version has been shown off so far on the forum, showed the bug being present. 

Fingers crossed that they had time to correct it before release. I am sure there were more important things to devote development time to.

Just a minor cosmetic bug, but the incredible PMDG aircraft are what taught me to look out for these details 👀 

Edited by calzonister

6 hours ago, calzonister said:

@rsrandazzo any chance you can confirm? 😄

Hey - stop please.

We don’t provide people personal updates on pet bugs. Not sure if you submitted a ticket about it at any point, but that’s the only way to get official tracking on it (and even then, we don’t provide personal tracking on it).

I was going to look last night but ran out of time. At this point, though...

Kyle Rodgers